1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikkor AF-S 400 f4 VR???

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by trenchmonkey, Aug 14, 2009.

1. :eek:  Sure, just made my own. Sample shots with D3 200 f2 TC2.0 just for grins. :biggrin:

DSC_4146.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 397967

View attachment 397968

2. Love the result's and you saved yourself loads of $$.

3. Nice. I normally dislike buttshots but sometines that's what you get.

4. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Will,

Super nice shots, but yours always are. I wished we had humming birds
    here for I think it would be nice to photo.

Phil........:smile:

5. Beautiful. The tail feathers are exquisite.

6. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    The first one is my favorite, a superb shot.

So this must be the super low cost, light and small f/4 lens everybody's been asking for, because Canon users have them :biggrin:

3820539959_ac3849bea6_o.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    These are super sharp and the colors are great.

It's amazing how terrible the TC2.0 looks on some lenses and how it looks great on others.

8. Thank you, Mr Onion :biggrin:

9. Yeah, she told me what she thought of my grabbin' a shot or three, Alex! :eek: 

10. Appreciate it, Phil....a pot of coffee helps with these lil suckers. :smile:

11. Thanks, Jonathan. :biggrin:

12. Yeah, low cost Peter :Whistle: Boy, I'd kill for a lightweight 400 prime right about now. Thanks!:biggrin:

13. Will....
    with them guns you got......a 400 2.8 won't be a problem for you....:) 

14. Thanks, Mike! :smile: I tried 2 of the TC-20E II's and my older TC-20E played better
    with the 300 f2.8 VR and even my 70-200 so I kept it. There must be quite a bit of sample variation
    as I went thru 3 of the TC-17E II's before I was pleased with one on all my glass.
    The 14's are more consistent but don't really do much for me at this time, I'll crop and shoot wide open. :biggrin:

15. Oh man, I'd love one...Michael. :biggrin: Thanks, but my youngest Daughter
    told me a couple of weeks ago "Dad, your guns are gettin' smaller" so the 20 lbs
    I've lost has taken it's toll.:Curved: I've been bangin' some reps M W F in hopes
    of a fast recovery. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.