Nikkor-O CRT

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Steved53, Sep 18, 2005.

1. I recently bought the above lens from Regit, and I thought some might be interested in my initial test shots.

Please excuse the subjects and my attempts at macro photography.

The first is a crop from a shot of a small sunflower.
    [​IMG]

I should know the name of the flower below, but I don't.

[​IMG]

Even I know what these are called!

[​IMG]

I was shooting mainly at around f5.6, in order to get some depth of field, but this lens is very capable wide open.

Here are a few more oddball shots to show what the lens is capable of.

Sorry for the size of these. I went a little over the top.

[​IMG]
    Do you know what it is?

A crop from a 10 euro note.
    [​IMG]

That's it for the weekend!
    [​IMG]

Any comments welcome.

2. Steve,

Looks like that lens does a great job! My guess for #4 would be a soldering iron.

3. Hi Dennis,

Thanks for looking.

Your warm (hint), but I'll wait to see if someone gets it completely correct.

4. This lens seems to be a terrific performer. The detail rendition is phantastic.

All you have to do now is to add it to the list in your sig :smile:

Cheers

5. Hi Steve,

I remember when Regit posted some images from that exact lens. Well done and it should be fun for you to play around with your new toy. Congrats.

6. Thanks for reminding me Harry and for the comment. I was a little bemused by it at first, but I was confident that if Bjorn said it was good, then I just needed to get used to it's foibles.

Thanks Gordon. I've got the feeling that this lens needs a playmate though. Something like an RRS focussing stage might do the trick!! Well that's apart from the 105mm f4 micro plus PN-11 that I just won on e-Bay!