Nikkor Z 24mm/f1.8 Announced

Real Name
Ian
It'll be $1,000 USD when it arrives in retailers in October. $1,000 for an f/1.8 lens? I mean, I know that the S line of lenses are good, but that's a LOT of money IMO. The 24mm f/1.8 G ED for F-mount (a "gold ring" lens in its own) was $750 when it came to market 4 years ago.

I love my f/4 S line zooms (have the 24-70 and 14-30), but I've been getting by just fine with my F-mount primes on my Z6.

Also, it's interesting that the Sony 24mm f/1.4 GM lens is smaller and lighter than Nikon's f/1.8 S lens. Yes, the Sony costs a bit more at $1,400 but it's an f/1.4 lens that provides the user with 2/3 a stop of additional light.

Nikon UK have announced the 4th lens in the Company's Z range to cover the 24mm focal length, this time however it is a prime lens.

https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/product/nikkor-z-lenses/auto-focus-lenses/fx/single-focal-length/nikkor-z-24mm-f-1-8-s?utm_source=store&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=sep-2019-nikkor-z-24mm

No price showing on the website just yet.
If you check WEX it is just over £1000, available from early October. If interested I would wait a bit for one of promotions, seasonal sales. I got my 50mm for £399 this August, currently retails for over £500.

If you check WEX it is just over £1000, available from early October. If interested I would wait a bit for one of promotions, seasonal sales. I got my 50mm for £399 this August, currently retails for over £500.
I have no interest in buying this lens, it is not something that I have a need for, I primarily shoot Landscapes so would make more use of the 24-70/f4 zoom. I may look at the 20mm next year as my ultra wide angle but this would depend on price etc. As for the 50mm, I too took advantage of the offers this summer and picked one up, I p/x'd my AFG 50 and my AFD 35mm to get the native lens. The AFD 35mm loss was a shame as it was a nice lens but as it was MF on the Z camera there was no point in keeping it as I have a 35mm AIS lens that I prefer in MF.

For those questioning the price, here's a good explanation of why it costs what it does....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom