Nikon 1 image thread

How about a general thread without the need for a specific topic? Comments and equipment data appreciated but not necessary.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Minimal adjustments, the V1 nailed a tough exposure like this without any problems (SB-5N bounced on the facade of the house the left/behind me)

• V1, 400 ISO
  • 2.8/10 @ f/2.8
  • SB-5N flash used

Cardinal (V1 + 70-300 VR at 300mm/810mm equiv., f/7.1, 1/400, ISO 200):

FT-1/85

It looks good. Which lens did you use?
30-110 Nikkor, Purchased a Refurbished one for $129.00

Great little system. I can see eventually the Nikon1 growing into a system that could replace D-SLR's in the future once sensor tech improves even more.

I think Nikon actually made the right choice in sensor size for long term system growth. maybe 20 years or more but eventually this system will become "pro" in quality and features.

Thanks John!

I'm really pleased with the V1 for a portable long lens setup so far :smile:
I hope to try it out with my longer and heavier tele options soon - 70-200 VR and 300/2.8 VR with 1.7/2.0 TCs...

One thing that surprised me was that the AF speed is so dependent on good light - outdoors in good light the phase-detect AF is very fast, but indoors with the slow kit lenses it falls back on sluggish contrast-detect AF. My Panasonic G3 with the superb 25/1.4 was much faster at acquiring AF targets than the V1!

At this point, I consider the V1 an outdoor only camera. Perhaps I need to consider the new 18.5/1.8 :smile:

Cheers

Mike

Great little system. I can see eventually the Nikon1 growing into a system that could replace D-SLR's in the future once sensor tech improves even more.

I think Nikon actually made the right choice in sensor size for long term system growth. maybe 20 years or more but eventually this system will become "pro" in quality and features.
I think I might have to get one.

I really like it too. Once the ultra wide arrives, I'm all set. :smile:

Thanks John!

I'm really pleased with the V1 for a portable long lens setup so far :smile:
I hope to try it out with my longer and heavier tele options soon - 70-200 VR and 300/2.8 VR with 1.7/2.0 TCs...

One thing that surprised me was that the AF speed is so dependent on good light - outdoors in good light the phase-detect AF is very fast, but indoors with the slow kit lenses it falls back on sluggish contrast-detect AF. My Panasonic G3 with the superb 25/1.4 was much faster at acquiring AF targets than the V1!

At this point, I consider the V1 an outdoor only camera. Perhaps I need to consider the new 18.5/1.8 :smile:

Cheers

Mike
I can't wait to see some of the big gun stuff.

You should give the 18.5 a try. I haven't noticed any issues yet. Definitely not the 25 1.4 but not bad.

Real Name
Mark
I think I might have to get one.

I really like it too. Once the ultra wide arrives, I'm all set. :smile:
Hey John,

I picked up one of the Cameta 30-110 refurbs on ebay and it's a great little lens, mine came looking like new with caps and the hood. I also got a refurb 10mm but that went back, maybe I got a bad one but IMHO it wasn't as good as the kit lens. :confused:

I'm waiting on the ultra wide too, 6.7-13, 18.5 and 30-110 will make a great little kit, then I'm waiting for the RX-100 sensor in the V3! :biggrin:

Hey John,

I picked up one of the Cameta 30-110 refurbs on ebay and it's a great little lens, mine came looking like new with caps and the hood. I also got a refurb 10mm but that went back, maybe I got a bad one but IMHO it wasn't as good as the kit lens. :confused:

I'm waiting on the ultra wide too, 6.7-13, 18.5 and 30-110 will make a great little kit, then I'm waiting for the RX-100 sensor in the V3! :biggrin:
Hi Mark.

It's funny how when I bought the V1 kit I had expected to be disappointed. It's surprised me in quite a few ways. The 30-110 is next and maybe we'll get a 6.7-13 announcement soon.

Happy New Year btw. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

A portrait - Nikolas 18.5mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump Tower

I took the V1 out for a ride downtown with the wife running some errands. I took these of the Trump Tower while sitting outside of Nordstroms waiting for my wife to return from her shopping.

Both are quick snaps with the 10-30mm handheld out of the window of the car.

iso 400

iso 100
View attachment 1132670

V1's Meter

I like the way the camera reads and meters situations. In this case the harsh sunlight in this shot that my wife took of me while I was feeding our niece at a McDonald's at Navy Pier this afternoon. She says to me after she took the shot, "I am not photographer." Claiming no responsibility for the outcome. :smile:

My niece

A quick grab on the way home
View attachment 1132678

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom