I just recently purchased a nikon 1 j5. I've used a nikon d3000 for years. I only use the camera for fun..especially taking pics of my son's baseball games. I'm in no way a professional!! I used the nikkor AF-S 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 VR ED zoom lens majority of the time for being able to zoom out on the bball fields. I had read where there is a FT-1 adaptor to add to the nikon 1 to be able to use my old nikkor lens. The new lens for the nikkor 1 are way too expensive. What adaptor would I need and is it worth it? Or could someone recommend other options?? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Get the adapter, it is fun with the 70-300 if you have a steady hand. It will hold its value when it is time to trade it off. Get a 'used' one, no downsides to buying used on that simple device. I have the J5 and the FT-1 and 70-300.

Get the adapter, it is fun with the 70-300 if you have a steady hand. It will hold its value when it is time to trade it off. Get a 'used' one, no downsides to buying used on that simple device. I have the J5 and the FT-1 and 70-300.
Is there a specific FT-1 to buy? I've seen different ones with price ranges from $20 to $100+! Didn't know if it required a specific one. I take alot of sports pics so I don't know if that makes a difference!

As far as Nikon 1 lens prices go, buy them used. Look at MPB & KEH they seem to always have some for sale. And yes the FT-1 is great.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom