Nikon 1 V1 for under $400!

That and at one point the V1 and 10-30mm zoom kit were selling for under US$300 at B&H. I know because I got one, and then the price fell another $30. Of course, there aren't any more at B&H, so Henry's might be the only option left.

Then again, wait a little longer and the V2 will probably be on sale for a ridiculous price (when compared with the MSRP).

Edited to add: And apparently Henry's is also auctioning the lens kits on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-1-V1-...654198?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item35c6beb736

The high bid as of this post is $220.

Has the Nikon mirror-less system been a success? The images I see here look great, but I wonder if people are buying enough of the stuff to prevent 'fire sales' from happening like this.....

The J1 sold pretty nicely in Japan, but I understand that even the micro4/3 cameras aren't selling that well in the U.S., so I'm guessing that the Nikon 1 isn't doing so well there, either. Still, at around US$300, a V1 is an interchangeable lens camera with the same sized sensor as a Sony RX100. At that price, I'll take that as a go-everywhere camera for now, even if Nikon kills the entire Nikon 1 line at some future date. Anyway, that was my thinking when I got one from B&H for $300.

The J1 sold pretty nicely in Japan, but I understand that even the micro4/3 cameras aren't selling that well in the U.S., so I'm guessing that the Nikon 1 isn't doing so well there, either. Still, at around US$300, a V1 is an interchangeable lens camera with the same sized sensor as a Sony RX100. At that price, I'll take that as a go-everywhere camera for now, even if Nikon kills the entire Nikon 1 line at some future date. Anyway, that was my thinking when I got one from B&H for $300.

+2

Got it for $300 as well from B&H... couldn't pass on that deal!

This is sooo tempting, I think I'd have more use for this camera than getting a macro lens - the viewfinder makes the difference plus the fact I can process the RAW files with NX2; I am not one to use a camera like this with just an LCD. Of course, there would be the option of getting more 1 series lenses, they don't take up much space - I need to do more research.

still to expensive IMO for a small sensor camera when you can just save up a bit and get a m4/3 camera and be set for years.

I bought one of these a while back, don't use it too much yet, but plan to more. Don't forget that with the F-Mount adapter you get some really neat options. I mount this on my 400 f2.8 which gives me 10fps camera at 400*2.7=1080mm f2.8. Of course it looks a bit silly, you can't even tell there is a camera on the lens :biggrin:

Video works quite nicely also. A bit different button arrangement, obviously, but pretty easy to learn. And using the same batteries as the D800/600/7100 makes life very nice for me these days.

I see there are still some left to purchase on-line. If I got one of these kits, I'd need the 30-100mm zoom to complete the package. It never seems to end....

Latest threads

Top Bottom