Nikon 1 V3, 70-300mm on Jobu Jr. 3 Gimbal Head

I prefer to use a tripod when ever I can. This combo makes a great system. I put together some parts to make the Acra-Swiss type foot. I plan to come up with something better when I get the Nikon 1 TR-N10o Tripod Mount.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jerry...
I just looked at the new tripod mount for the new 70-300.
Does the lens have a hole to screw the new Nikon tripod mount onto it?

What do you have mounted now in place of the Nikon foot?

Jerry...
I just looked at the new tripod mount for the new 70-300.
Does the lens have a hole to screw the new Nikon tripod mount onto it?

Yes there is a screw hole in the lens to mount the accessory tripod mount. The hole in the lens is smaller than a 1/4" 20 but I had some screws that fit it. The tripod mount accessory has a 1/4" 20 hole in it. I have the tripod mount on order and this was just a quick fix until I get one. I just stacked a piece of aluminum with a hole in it and a very small lens plate on top if the larger Acra-Swiss type plate then ran a long screw through them.

Yes there is a screw hole in the lens to mount the accessory tripod mount. The hole in the lens is smaller than a 1/4" 20 but I had some screws that fit it. The tripod mount accessory has a 1/4" 20 hole in it. I have the tripod mount on order and this was just a quick fix until I get one. I just stacked a piece of aluminum with a hole in it and a very small lens plate on top if the larger Acra-Swiss type plate then ran a long screw through them.
Good fix...
I might try some mount holder "fixes" myself...
Just ordered the camera, should have it by Friday?? or Monday...
Looking forward to using this on some of our big lenses... :)

What do you have mounted now in place of the Nikon foot?

In other words you "MacGyver'd" the darn thing, you cheated, you became a DIY-Jedi-Master! Cool. Why the heck Nikon could not just use the standard 1/4" x 20 we will never know. Probably the same reason they don't just make the tripod feet Arca-Swiss in the first place, eh?

Thanks!

Cheryle, please share where you managed to purchase a V3. My orders been in since May 23rd. I haven't been able to find one anywhere in the continental US.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom