Nikon 1 V3 RAW Files Not Recognized By Lightroom

I just got my V3 earlier this week. I'm loving the camera, but I'm having trouble with my RAW files and Lightroom. I know that the current versions of LR are not compatible with the V3. I've tried the DNG converter but it gives me an error message. I intend on calling Adobe Customer Support this week, but I thought I'd ask if you guys have experienced the same. I've had a V2 and never had such an issue.

I've seen reports that LR 5.5 works with V3 raw images on other forums. Lightroom 5.4 reportedly has preliminary support for the v3, apparently you have to switch on lens caibration profile. I don't have a v3 (waiting...) to test it.

I believe the earliest version of Camera raw to support the V3 is 8.5 therefore this means LR 5.5.

Adobe DNG converter earliest will be 8.4. The DNG converter should work just fine but remember that it is designed for batch conversion of raw files not individual therefore the raw images should be placed in a folder (you can do a single image of course) for the converter to work. If this does not work what does the error message say?

Where did you here that "current versions of LR" are not compatible? I have been using LR quite nicely with mine for well over a month now. 5.5 took the Camera Version out of Beta.

Real Name
Randy
welcome to the merry go round

you buy a new camera and you want to shoot RAW then you often have to buy new s/w and not because RAW file formats have changed but because some developer somewhere can add the new camera model to a table...
cha ching cha ching

It's working, now. It appears that there was some sort of a glitch within the new micro SD card. I reformatted it and it is working properly.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom