Nikon 12-24/4

Just added this lens to my kit and snapped off a few tonight. It sure gives a different perspective. My zoom kit is now complete.

cwilt said:
Just added this lens to my kit and snapped off a few tonight. It sure gives a different perspective. My zoom kit is now complete.
YOu will love it. I'm amazed how sharp it is at f8 - not as sharp as my 14mm f/2.8, but darned close.

J

JMartin

Just curious, mainly for personal reasons... why did you go with the Nikon over the Tokina?

I prefer buying Nikon glass, but I have seen a lot of reports on the Tokina talking about it being a great lens and for being half the price of the Nikon, I am considering the Tokina.

Thanks

JMartin said:
Just curious, mainly for personal reasons... why did you go with the Nikon over the Tokina?

I prefer buying Nikon glass, but I have seen a lot of reports on the Tokina talking about it being a great lens and for being half the price of the Nikon, I am considering the Tokina.

Thanks
Honestly...

The store I shop at doesn't have the Tokina to even compare the two. I also prefer to stick with Nikon glass.

Simon said:
Oooooooh - dangerous words mate ! I reckon you'll be needing the AFS 17-35 f/2.8 next :smile:
Why would I need that? To fill the gap between 24mm and 28mm? LOL

HEY....

There is not a LOL smilie anymore. :frown:

M

mfrank123

got my tokina 12-24 today. sinice i dont use wides that much i figured i save some money and get this instead of nikon. i love it, sharp, quick and not distortion from any shots yet. very impressed with it so far after playing with it for about an hour. should be a good lens to have when i go to saly lake city and parts of utah in 2 weeks. wish me luck with it!

Good luck with the new lens Mike. I have never played with wide angle so this may give some new inspiration.

Simon,

You were right. Sounds like I may be picking up a 70-180 micro tommorow. :smile:

No more lenses after this one.

I mean it this time.

D

dbirdsong

Man you have LL bad man... Get some help!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

cwilt said:
Simon,

You were right. Sounds like I may be picking up a 70-180 micro tommorow. :smile:

I mean it this time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom