Nikon 135mm f2 AF DC Nikkor Lens 1:2

G

Gary Mayo

Been out and about shopping on eBay again.

Will this lens AF on modern camera bodies or is it MF only?

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180262737058

a105_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

Gary Mayo

I would rather have your 200mm VR if you want to send that over instead! lol

I have not used a defocus control lens before. Tell us something about that control aspect of this lens.

Thanks and thanks for my new lens!

Yep that's mine. Thanks Gary.

Real Name
Randy

I have not used a defocus control lens before. Tell us something about that control aspect of this lens.

it's hard to believe you don't have a 200/2
my top 3 (only 1 of which I have so far) is the
200vr,300vr & 400vr

get busy buddy

Gary,
I don't know if it has been sold but I remember a few days ago there was a member (maybe Volkeith) who was selling his copy of that lens on the FS forum and even at a lesser price

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
:biggrin::biggrin:

You guys are to funny, Glad you all hooked up this way, and you weren't even trying to get around the cafe rules, :biggrin:

Congrats on your find Gary :wink: and sale Vol! :smile:

You might get my 17-55mm, I sold that today too and may have got the boxes mixed up LOL.

As far as this lens goes it was my favorite lens till I got the 200. Believe it or not I liked the bokeh better even than the 85mm 1.4. It is a creamy lens for sure and if you like good bokeh I think you will love it. As far as the defocus control goes I did not use it much more than testing it out. From what I could see it is best to use it at stopped down apetures like f4 but I am no expert. I would recommend you fine tune the lens to your D3 or D300 and set it at f2.5 for a while and shoot away. The bokeh at f2.5 is sweet. I have made a couple of posts about the lens and I have got some of my very favorite shots with it.

G

Gary Mayo

Well, the lens came in today. It is busy in my store so I have yet to mount it, but I am delighted at the build quality!

The back glass is huge!

I will post a photograph later.

Thanks so much for this lens!

G

Gary Mayo

I am rather startled at just how far I need to get back from my subject with this lens.

This shot was taken with a 85mm 1.4 and I do not have room for body shots with this lens.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=177563

I am guessing it will be for face shots in my studio.

Here is my first shot with this lens.

DSC_2132web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the lens do something with the background. I really enjoyed the way that this lens rendered bokeh. It's a special lens.

G

Gary Mayo

Yes, this would be a good lens for shots like your avatar! I agree.

Much of what I do with people shots are between 85mm and 100mm. I will need to rethink what I is I do with 135mm.

Let the lens do something with the background. I really enjoyed the way that this lens rendered bokeh. It's a special lens.

Well, the lens came in today...
The back glass is huge!

I will post a photograph later.
Looks like a nice lens, although I can't help noticing that in your first post, you've broken the copyright of the original seller, who took that photo.

G

Gary Mayo

It is the photograph of the lens I purchased! Give me a break!

Copyrights are meant to keep the ownership with the owner. I doubt if the seller is not complaining with my cash in his pocket, you could worry about something important. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If this is the most serious transgression man is capable of, we are in good shape!

Besides the Nikon Cafe price was a little less than the eBay price I paid, the little extra was for this photograph! lol

If the seller of this lens is listening in, you should chime in as I think this poster throwing sand in my face is funny. Join in for a laugh!

Reguardless of all the International laws I am breaking, I love the lens!

This is the funnyest post I have read on Nikon Cafe yet!

Looks like a nice lens, although I can't help noticing that in your first post, you've broken the copyright of the original seller, who took that photo.

Latest threads

Top Bottom