Showcase Nikon 16-35mm f/4 AF-S VR - Part II

Dave,

Thanks for the image. Brings back memories to all those that fought during WWII and all Veterans. Special day for many including my mother & father, she was in London during WWII and met my dad there, he was a US paratrooper in the 82nd.

Dawn at The Dolphins, Lepe beach. The Dolphins formed part of the pier head used to load ships departing for Normandy.
"On the 6 June 1944 thousands of troops with their vehicles and supplies left Britain for the beaches of Normandy. This was D-Day, the start of the great campaign to drive the German army out of France and to bring the Second World War to its end. The D-Day invasion, code named Operation Overlord, one of the most remarkable feats in military history, was under way. It had taken over two years of planning, and was one of the best kept secrets of the war."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davekiddle/8176246771/
[URL]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8484/8176246771_a65f6dbe74_c.jpg[/url]
Dawn At The Dolphins by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr
Dave this is surreal... may I know what is your filter of choice?

Dave,

Thanks for the image. Brings back memories to all those that fought during WWII and all Veterans. Special day for many including my mother & father, she was in London during WWII and met my dad there, he was a US paratrooper in the 82nd.
Thank you. Yesterday was Rememberance Sunday here so the shot was all the more poignant for me.

Dave this is surreal... may I know what is your filter of choice?
Thanks Dave. I use Lee filters. I think on this particular shot I had a 3 stop ND and a total of 5 stops (a 3 & 2) of ND Grad.

Fantastic shot Dave! Did you have to wait until the right time of year for this shot? I would guess, to find an extraordinary composition like this, one must either do a lot of home work, or receieve tips from others--just beautiful.

JT
Thanks JT. It's a location I've visited many times but everything came together this time - the tide was right, weather lovely and calm, just a little mist and the sun rose just over the Island, so yes, I guess I did pick the right time :smile:

Thanks JT. It's a location I've visited many times but everything came together this time - the tide was right, weather lovely and calm, just a little mist and the sun rose just over the Island, so yes, I guess I did pick the right time :smile:
The more I re-visit a spot the better. I was thinking specifically about the Sun's position. Since the Sun is ever ascending/descending (relative to us), it's only in that spot twice a year. Of course, there would be several days when it's close to that precise point.

JT

The more I re-visit a spot the better. I was thinking specifically about the Sun's position. Since the Sun is ever ascending/descending (relative to us), it's only in that spot twice a year. Of course, there would be several days when it's close to that precise point.

JT
I must admit, more luck than judgement. I went there on specifically on November 11th as it was Rememberance Day and this is where the troops left for the D-Day landings.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom