Showcase Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4.0 DX

So, it will be all my fault if you don't like it. Sigh...:notworthy:

At which focal length did you align it?
With zooms I like to start out at max FL and work backwards. This lens and most of the new nikon zooms hold all the way back to minimum FL. What I find most interesting is while my D800, D810, D7200, D7100,D3 and D300 all require nominal aft correction for most of my lenses, my D500 and D5 require no more than +/- 2 and most of the time 0:eek:. Will, (the monkey) has also noticed this in the FM forum. So they apparently have done something in the right direction with the new af module.

And no it would never be your fault if I don't like the lens (I already know it's a keeper). I would blame it on beer and credit cards. Some people have to have keys taken away, add beer/wine (especially vintage port) to that list for me:).

Real Name
Randy
This lens keeps tempting me, more so now with the deals coming from folks who bought kits and are selling them for $700.
Many of my trips are LS and wildlife and this lens would let me leave my D800 and 24-120 at home and go all DX

Real Name
Randy
With zooms I like to start out at max FL and work backwards. This lens and most of the new nikon zooms hold all the way back to minimum FL. What I find most interesting is while my D800, D810, D7200, D7100,D3 and D300 all require nominal aft correction for most of my lenses, my D500 and D5 require no more than +/- 2 and most of the time 0:eek:. Will, (the monkey) has also noticed this in the FM forum. So they apparently have done something in the right direction with the new af module.

And no it would never be your fault if I don't like the lens (I already know it's a keeper). I would blame it on beer and credit cards. Some people have to have keys taken away, add beer/wine (especially vintage port) to that list for me:).
I know the feeling. A few craft beers, a little boredom and bam you just bought something. Over 12 years I only regret 3 buys, 70-200 vr2, 2nd 85/1.4, and the sigma 150-600 Sport

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This lens keeps tempting me, more so now with the deals coming from folks who bought kits and are selling them for $700.
Many of my trips are LS and wildlife and this lens would let me leave my D800 and 24-120 at home and go all DX
You won't be disappointed. Unless I expect to be shooting in low light the D7200+16-80 is my travel kit. Otherwise I go with D750 and 24-120 which is a good bit heavier.

I'd better add another sample...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
I'd better add another sample...

I deserve this after all the times I did it
Great shot and I know the spot we'll, been 3x now

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom