Nikon 200-500 or Sony 200-600 for my needs?

Real Name
Andy
Amin already has a 70-200mm 2.8 for Sony, plus Nikon 200-500mm VR lenses are cheaper. Though if I was buying a telephoto lens right now, the 200-600mm FE is the one I'd get.
Yes, I suppose it's not worth the churn. It certainly does seem promising that Sony is so committed to competing in this market though. If Nikon plans to survive, they'll have to bring equal or better mirrorless glass to the market and improve the Z system's AF capability.

Very timely thread, thanks.
I shot birds primarily with the d850 and tamron 150-600 g2. Lens is very sharp. It is a little slow in acquiring focus, especially birds flying straight at me. It is the lens, not the body or my technique. My nikon 400 and 500mm primes lock right on, the tamron is a little slow. The big heavy primes are getting a little much for this old fart to carry around, so I was looking at a new lens. The sony 100-400 and/or 200-600 are high on my radar screen. I have shot nikon for 40 years and never thought I would consider another brand. But right now, with these lenses and the new sony a7r4 camera, these lenses look very interesting. I think right now sony has better tools to fill my needs. Nikon will likely catch up, but I may not wait.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom