Nikon 200 f/2 night sports pics please?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by twig, Jul 10, 2005.

1. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Anyone using this indoors or outside at night in bad light and have sports pics to show?

Thanks. I don;t like my ISO 1600 shots, but I can live with ISO 800 on my d2h and am considering this lens for that purpose.

t

2. t

I need to figure out how to post photos on this site. I will link you to a site where I have a couple of shots with a nikon 200 F2 VR lens. Here is the link; http://public.fotki.com/sampo56/nikon_200mm_f2_vr/

Sorry about the "mickey mouse" site, I can send you to another site to see other 200 VR 2 photos if you want to see them.

The first three football photos where shot @ 9:15pm at night, poor lighting like any other high school football game. ISO was set @ 1400, 500 shutter if I remember correctly. All three of these shots were hand held. If I mono'd the "coffee can" and camera, the shots would of been razor sharp even after running them thru Neat Image. The other football photos where shoot with a Sigma 120-300 F2.8

This lens is outstanding and worth the money if you shoot any low light action photographs.

:arrow: I REALLY want to see this lens used with a D2X under the same conditions.

I hope I helped.

Craig