Nikon 24-120/4 question

I just picked up a used Nikon 24-120/4 lens. The zoom is a little stiff right around the 50mm mark. Normal??

Thanks...

I wound up returning it. The glitch in the zoom ring was a bit too much for me.
I once got a used 12-24 that had this odd extremely faint out of focus area on one side of the image. Turn the camera upside down and it would appear on the other side so it was lens related (and didn't appear on any other FL lens I had). It was honestly so faint a discrepancy that you had to look for it at 200% and was probably visually insignificant in any size I'd print, but it was all I could 'see' whenever I looked at an image from that lens. Returned it. Sometimes the smallest things drive you the craziest.

Real Name
Andrew
I once got a used 12-24 that had this odd extremely faint out of focus area on one side of the image. Turn the camera upside down and it would appear on the other side so it was lens related (and didn't appear on any other FL lens I had). It was honestly so faint a discrepancy that you had to look for it at 200% and was probably visually insignificant in any size I'd print, but it was all I could 'see' whenever I looked at an image from that lens. Returned it. Sometimes the smallest things drive you the craziest.
Well, and for the price you pay for a 12-24...it best be perfect for you!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom