Nikon 24-70/2.8 S is shipping

still on the fence about getting the Z-mount 24-70/2.8 S
I have a kit Z 24-70/4.0 and my wife a Z 24-70/2.8 - she needs the 2.8 for weddings.
The 2.8 is so amazing good that I want one despite I don't need it. I am jealous. I hope I can resist.

I have a kit Z 24-70/4.0 and my wife a Z 24-70/2.8 - she needs the 2.8 for weddings.
The 2.8 is so amazing good that I want one despite I don't need it. I am jealous. I hope I can resist.
"Resistance is futile."
I don't doubt what you say but just curious about what you see that sets the two lenses apart?

Real Name
Chris
Now this has been out for quite a while I'm interested to hear if anyone swapped from the f4 version to the f2.8 and regretted it. I'm feeling like I want to trade my f4 for the 2.8 as it feels odd going from the 2.8 on my D750 to an F4. Sometimes I wish I had that extra light or shallow dof. But I don't have a wide angle for my z right now, so unsure if I trade up to the 24-70/2.8 or get the 14-30. So looking for some more recent feedback on the 24-70/2.8 :)
Sounds like I am late to the discussion on this but I will weigh anyways lol. I love the 2.8, it’s an amazing piece of glass and takes amazing photos. That being said, the f/4 takes just as good of photos and is much lighter. I traded in the f/4 when I switched to the 2.8 and I regret not keeping it simply for the fact that I don’t always need that extra stop and the weight savings is super nice. I shot a wedding with the 2.8 and with that lens and my speed light by the end of the night my hands were killing me. Conversely the f4 I’ll shoot all day every day and it’s a non issue. So it really depends on what you shoot primarily and if that extra stop is worth the weight and costs. Especially with these cameras one stop in iso (in most situations) is a non issue and just as noticeably clean.

Real Name
Chris
"Resistance is futile."
I don't doubt what you say but just curious about what you see that sets the two lenses apart?
My opinion only here, but it doesn’t take any better pictures than the f/4. They are both amazing lenses. So the extra stop of light, little bit more bokeh, and the fancy OLED screen (which I actually enjoy quite a bit honestly) and the weight are the only differences for me. Plus you need to buy new filters if you use screw ons. I haven’t invested in good place filters yet cause I just don’t use them enough.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom