1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 24-70

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by commtrd, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was out early shooting some at the Corpus Christi bayfront marina and realized that the 24-70 is the most-used lens in my bag.
    Post your fav shots from the 24-70! That lens just keeps on making beautiful images. It was so worth the money spent on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Nice shots but did you save them in sRGB? If not that would account for the color being washed out for the web. I don't believe smug mug does anything to your file at least not mine anyway.

3. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    Exactly.

4. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Keith,

Perhaps this is causing the problem: "the Cafe displays images at a maximum width of 965 pixels and automatically downsizes wider images to that size for display (which degrades image quality somewhat) . . . ." https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=130266

I tend to resize my images to 960 pixels max if I'm going to post them on the Cafe. It avoids the resizing degradation of my images.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    If you click on the images, you'll be brought to a new window with the non re-sized image and it won't have that jagged edge effect that you're seeing. But yeah, better to do what Glenn said. And on that note, I should start doing that too. :smile:

6. OK that must be what happened. How can I just delete the whole thread? I assumed that smugmug automatically sized for the web because I never experienced this problem before. My appology on this...if I can figure out how to delete the thread, I will do that. The pictures really did look beautiful out of LR2 and on my monitor...

7. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    You can't delete once you get responses.
    You can ask a mod to delete it.
    Or, you can just edit your post to link to images smaller than 965 pixels.

8. Even clicking on the posted brings up a picture that is all jagged and horrible looking. What a mess. I just wanted to start a thread to show how versatile and valued an addition to one's glass collection this lens can be. Sorry for the poor posting.

9. 2nd try

I am attaching a smaller one this time.

[​IMG]

10. Nice shot. Is that what the colors looked like out of the camera?

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Keith has requested that we close or delete the thread due to his problems with sizing his images for post and other factors.

So by request of the OP this thread is closed.

Regardless, Keith, I wanted to say welcome aboard and feel free to start another thread once you are ready to roll. We all love lust threads around here! :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.