1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 : A Little Glamour For Elisa

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Aug 11, 2009.

1. I had the pleasure of shooting with a new model named Elisa.

We wanted the look of 'Glamour meets Drama' and we're very pleased with the results.

This image was shot with the D700 and 24-70mm f/2.8 at ISO100, 45mm, f/10.

The lighting is a Speedotron 22" beauty dish and Elinchrom mini silver deflector as a single light source. Elisa was standing about 18" from the background so that we could not only get the shadows but also the natural vignetting from the beauty dish.

The beauty dish gave me a nice large hot spot, but a very controlled one.

p810642057-5.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. She's sexy. Great shot and lighting.

3. Average Joe

Average Joe

May 19, 2009
    here
    top class work robert ..

4. As always, Robert..................beautiful work. You really know how to use your tools to their best advantage.

5. Tim W

Tim W

Mar 10, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    That 3/4 length shot really suits her, so you can see those curves. Beautifully done.

6. Hello Robert,

Awesome 3/4 portrait. All the elements of this shot are right on. The model's pose is fantastic, I especially like the way she looks at the camera, those eyes. Beautiful work Robert, wish I would have been there. That was an awesome shoot indeed. Hats off to you my friend.

7. She surely is a beautiful girl. Thanks for the compliment David.

Thank you very much Joe.

8. Hi Chris,

I bought that lens knowing it was going to be used a lot. When I first got a taste of what the lens could do I decided that it was going to be my short tele workhorse and it hasn't let me down once.

9. Thanks Tim. You're right... the 3/4 shot works great with the clothes and the body curves. It's a very classic variation on the 'S' curve and it suits her well.

10. Thank you Jose. As you know, I love the eyes. 99% of my work has the model looking right into the lens. There is a certain intimacy about that that I love so much.

Elisa was really great to work with and made my job so easy and fun.

11. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Robert,
    you have created a wonderful portrait! I like it a lot!

12. Thank you Markus.

13. CurtisBilly

CurtisBilly

Mar 22, 2008
    Cincinnati
    Great shot and lighting that is definitely worthy of it's own thread.

14. Lookin' good as usual, Robert!

Curious about the ISO 100 though, mainly because I've not shot at ISO 100 with the D700 yet. Are you seeing much difference between that and ISO 200? The shot certainly looks great...

15. Wow, she's fantastic. Well done, Robert! :) 

-Charles

16. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    One of my favorite shots of yours TMR! Love that beauty dish look and thanks for the lighting info as well.

17. Talk about liking your work... she's a cutie! :wink::biggrin:

Very nice, Robert. Color and sharpness look great ( I bet the full res image blows this one away though). From a body/lens/lighting point of view, I really, really like how the shadow detail is rendered and also the transition from light to dark towards the bottom. Very cool man :cool: 

18. Rooz

Rooz

Nov 22, 2008
    Sydney, Oz
    robert...in a word...beautiful.

19. Great to see your work as usual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.