Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 : A Little Glamour For Elisa

I had the pleasure of shooting with a new model named Elisa.

We wanted the look of 'Glamour meets Drama' and we're very pleased with the results.

This image was shot with the D700 and 24-70mm f/2.8 at ISO100, 45mm, f/10.

The lighting is a Speedotron 22" beauty dish and Elinchrom mini silver deflector as a single light source. Elisa was standing about 18" from the background so that we could not only get the shadows but also the natural vignetting from the beauty dish.

The beauty dish gave me a nice large hot spot, but a very controlled one.

p810642057-5.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hello Robert,

Awesome 3/4 portrait. All the elements of this shot are right on. The model's pose is fantastic, I especially like the way she looks at the camera, those eyes. Beautiful work Robert, wish I would have been there. That was an awesome shoot indeed. Hats off to you my friend.

As always, Robert..................beautiful work. You really know how to use your tools to their best advantage.

Hi Chris,

I bought that lens knowing it was going to be used a lot. When I first got a taste of what the lens could do I decided that it was going to be my short tele workhorse and it hasn't let me down once.

Hello Robert,

Awesome 3/4 portrait. All the elements of this shot are right on. The model's pose is fantastic, I especially like the way she looks at the camera, those eyes. Beautiful work Robert, wish I would have been there. That was an awesome shoot indeed. Hats off to you my friend.

Thank you Jose. As you know, I love the eyes. 99% of my work has the model looking right into the lens. There is a certain intimacy about that that I love so much.

Elisa was really great to work with and made my job so easy and fun.

Lookin' good as usual, Robert!

Curious about the ISO 100 though, mainly because I've not shot at ISO 100 with the D700 yet. Are you seeing much difference between that and ISO 200? The shot certainly looks great...

Talk about liking your work... she's a cutie! :wink::biggrin:

Very nice, Robert. Color and sharpness look great ( I bet the full res image blows this one away though). From a body/lens/lighting point of view, I really, really like how the shadow detail is rendered and also the transition from light to dark towards the bottom. Very cool man :cool:

Latest threads

Top Bottom