Nikon 24-70mm g refixing plastic front lens screw cover

DsEX4Eq.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

yellow mark is the flat ring around the lens

The protective flat plastic screw cover on the nikon AfS 24-70mm G lens came unstuck and I can't see anywhere to obtain another. So reusing exisiting one. Big problem not to get glue onto lens glass so applied a glue (not super glue) onto the flat ring first. To clamp it down I am using a 77mm filter and hope it works and it does

Update
It fell off again, and a disaster averted. This time I discovered it originally was held on with a ring of double sided tape. you can't get this anywhere either. So carefully removed this and gave everything a good clean. Next the only other glue I have is carpet glue as spray. So put that plastic ring on a bit of kitchen roll and sprayed it.
Great really tacky stuff, so back onto the lens again and disaster. Yes got a bit on the lens and eventually managed to get the lens clear again with a dab of petrol to start with and lens cleaning fluid next with a wipe over of a micro fibre cloth. This time that plastic ring is well stuck down

8nr4yGO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not perfectly clean plastic ring but at least filters can still go on and the lens is clear of contamination. Saved getting a new lens anyway

Nikon really needs to sort out what they use as adhesives. Already had to replace a couple or more rubber body cover parts on a couple of cameras

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom