Showcase Nikon 24mm f/1.4 G AF-S - Part II

Discussion in 'Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by MMPG1, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    See you in the Zeiss thread David. :) come see my similar shots with 21...

Doug

3. everettc

everettc

Feb 21, 2007
    Pleasanton, CA.
    24mm f/1.4 shots from Hawaii

It's been a while since I've posted but here is a shot today with my 24mm f/1.4 of Turtle Bay on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.

[​IMG]
    DSC_9142_TP1 (1) by everett_c, on Flickr

4. foto.therapy

foto.therapy

Sep 27, 2010
    Washington
  5. everettc

everettc

Feb 21, 2007
    Pleasanton, CA.
    Thanks Curt. This shot was with tripod and Singh Ray 3 stop ND filter. I also used Topaz HDR filter in Post to give it some pop.

Everett

6. Ive just got this lens for a Wedding ive got to shoot at 5pm on the 21st Dcember, but i thought i would give it a shot doing landscapes.

This lens is superb for landscapes, its tack sharp wide open, the vignetting wide open is a non issue as the lens calibration in Lightroom gets rid of it all. The lack of distortion and chromatic aberations combined with the superb flare control make it a very versatile lens. With it being a wide lens even at f1.4 / f1.6 there is plenty of depth of field for shooting landscapes handheld which allows you to leave the tripod in the car just that bit longer towards dusk.

here is one taken handheld at f2 just before sunset

[​IMG]

7. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    ^ That made me smile. Great shot! :smile:

8. i think those 2 came out perfect....no flash ?
    dof is fine

9. avyoung

avyoung

Dec 17, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks Randy! No, there were two off camera flashes. My practice payed off, and I got some nice shots when I was down in Sedona mountain biking. I posted a thread in the sports section if you didn't take a peak. Here.

10. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    I have a dust problem with my D3x (long, long story mentioned another place here/Nikon Cafe), and I think about more or less to mount the Nikon 24mm f/1.4 permament on the D3x - it is my most used lens also.

But some lenses takes dust in, when they focus - just got this from a Nikon fellow:

""Some lenses “breathe” as you focus them, taking in air internally which can then be expelled out the back of the lens into the mirror chamber. The lenses are not air-tight. I do not know if the 24mm f/1.4G has this problem, but many Nikon lenses do.""

1) Can anybody say, if the 24mm f/1.4 does that ? (Nikon repair shop has my lens for the time being)

Thanks

I do not use any kind of filter - exept sometimes POL-filter - because it can - or almost WILL - give flare and ghosting.

2) But are the lens constructed in a way, so using a permanent filter will prevent this - according to my question 1)

Thanks a lot

11. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Photozone wrote:

The AF-S 24/1.4 is cleary designed with the professional photographer in mind, featuring a very solid construction mostly made of metal (including magnesium alloy parts) as well as dust and weather sealing. The rubberized focus ring is nicely damped and operates smoothly.

The AF-S 24 has a rear focus group so its length remains constant regardless of the focus setting and the front element does not rotate. Using a polarizer is therefore no problem.

12. how did you trigger the sb800's ?
    how do you compare your sb900 to the 800's ?
    thx

13. SicKb0y

SicKb0y

Apr 1, 2008
    Germany
    three from my recent trip to london

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

christmas market, al no flash!

[​IMG]

14. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
  15. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    Indeed, great shots. That first candid is excellent.

16. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Great set! I like the second photo so much!

Best,