Showcase Nikon 24mm f/1.4 G AF-S - Part II

Wow, what a piece of art you made there!
Art indeed! What's even more amazing about the shot, is the resolution required for it could have been achieved w my D700 and a Coke bottle--LOL Seriously, as awesome a lens as this 24mm Nikon is, almost any lens has way more resolution than this pic requires. Which should bring us back to basics: subject & composition trump gear, every time. jt

Splendidly ethereal scene: consummate use of long exposure, not only to paint with motion, but also to show the meandering passage of time with the headlights (I'm assuming). It all adds up to, for me, the story of life. Superbly invigorating--pushing the limits images have to translate profundity! Perhaps the best photo I've ever scene Mark!!! It makes me want to go home & meditate, so I can visit this place: only a mind can inhabit this kind of sacred space. WOW jt

Thank you :) One of those occasions when you capture what you felt at the time. A rare occurrence.

This thread has been quite silent. I have gone mirrorless these days, but this was taken in my favorite photo destination (Japan) during my favorite season (autumn).

D700 with Nikon 24mm f/1.4
F664994D-D044-454B-B37A-E539B242FDA6.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Mike
I use the 24mm f1.8ED G lens so I don't qualify to post photos as this is for the f1.4 lens. But I did want to say I love this focal length. In the film days I used a 20mm f2.8 ais because I shot a lot of interiors. I like the better controlled lens distortion of a 24mm, plus the more natural rendition of a 24mm in nature shots. I guess I've become more conservative in my approach to lenses.

This thread has been quite silent. I have gone mirrorless these days, but this was taken in my favorite photo destination (Japan) during my favorite season (autumn).

D700 with Nikon 24mm f/1.4
Lovely shot, Larry.
I had the 24 f1.4G and thought it was a great lens on the lower res bodies. Like you, I am now with ML and the new 24 f1.8S is a gem also.

Lovely shot, Larry.
I had the 24 f1.4G and thought it was a great lens on the lower res bodies. Like you, I am now with ML and the new 24 f1.8S is a gem also.
Thank you, Lance! I definitely like the quality of the 'S' line of lenses! Nikon has put out some seriously good glass, although still a bit limited in selection, which is actually a good thing for my bank account balance :D

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom