Nikon 28-105 Macro AF-D

Hello, I am purchasing a Nikon 28-105 AF-D for my Nikon D80..

Included are Optex UV Filter Retractable Lens Hood for $185.00 CDN.

I have read about this lense, however I would appreciate any feedback whereas, I sold my Nikon D40 100,000 Actuations and 18-55mm non VR AF ED II..

Thus I am in need of a more versatile lens.. This 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D has a Macro feature and I am buying it locally.. Therefore what would be the best test on my Nikon D80 or I would appreciate some insight regarding this particular lens!!

I have also purchased a Tokina 80-400mm ATX 3.5-5.6 for $425.00 New from Cold Lake Alberta. With shipping and insurance of $600.00 for a total of $445.00 CDN off E Bay.. This lens did not meet its reserve price 3 times hence.. Therefore I got it for $425.00 CDN.. As far as my research tells me I got a great deal.. I would appreciate any comments on this lens also!!

CHEERS
GLEN

Nikon D80 D90 Nikon 55-200mm 4-5.6 VR Nikon 70-300 4-5.6 VR Tokina 80-400mm ATX SB600 SpeedLight Polaroid Grip Manfrotto Tripod...

:smile:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Here is a thread on the 28-105mm lens, with associated images. I own one, and I love it. Read the thread and take a look at the photos. IMO, the lens is a keeper!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no experience using the 28-105 on a D80. I do know that there have been reports on the tendency to overexposure with the D80 and you should check for that to make corrections because over or underexposure will significantly affect the performance of the lens.
I used the 28-105 a lot with my already gone D100 and it always rewarded me with excellent files if I did my job. It has a very useful "macro" function, it is sharp and very well built. I also use it a lot with my F100 film camera.
It does very well with my D300 also. Portraits with studio light at around f8-11 are as good as those I have shot with my 105mm f2.5. I am sure you will be pleased with its performance.
I have no comments for the Tokina lens since I use the 80-400 VR Nikkor.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thanks again

I appreciate the info on the 28-105 Macro / Tele..

I still am learning techniques for nature photography, therefore I feel that I am not quite ready for a wide angle lens. For now my Tokina is coming tomorrow and am real excited.. I am still doing Macro photography with my current lenses.. Therefore I should save up and get a true Macro Lense or extension tubes for macro.. Moreover, I have a passion for nature thus I probably do not need this older generation 28-105 / macro Nikkor Lens!!

Thanks Again
Mr. Rodriquez

CHEERS WHEELINMASTER
GLEN:smile:

Yes, it's tough trying to make the correct (for you) lens choices.
Too bad you missed out on the 28-105 though. But there are many great lenses.
Enjoy the ones you get.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom