Nikon 28mm 1.4 D

Pol

Hi all,

Looking for a fast one on the wider side. The one who I am interested in especially is the Nikon 28mm 1.4 D. To use for inside work and of course outside in our mostly covered country. There are probably good alternatives in 3rd Party. But as a Nikon fanatic ...
Does anybody could help me to take a decision ? Where to find some examples(pics).

Pol.

Hi Pol. I'm not sure this is what you are looking for but I recently got a 35mm f/1.4 (on Ebay) for $US 320. It's not auto focus, but the focus indicator in the viewfinder lights up when you get it in focus. Perhaps it'll do until you find that VERY expensive 28mm f/1.4 puppy.

Rich

Rich Gibson said:
Hi Pol. I'm not sure this is what you are looking for but I recently got a 35mm f/1.4 (on Ebay) for $US 320. It's not auto focus, but the focus indicator in the viewfinder lights up when you get it in focus. Perhaps it'll do until you find that VERY expensive 28mm f/1.4 puppy.

Rich
Having both of them, I have to say that at f/1.4 the 28mm (although also slighty soft) is markedly sharper than the 35mm, but from f/2.8 to about f/8 they are both incredibly sharp lenses. And, I love the build of the 35/1.4.

For ambient light shots I prefer the 28/1.4 because it's so well balanced on my D1X that shooting 1/10s handheld is not utopic (unless I drank too much strong coffee).
Example (1/10s at f/2.5):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers

Pol

Rich Gibson said:

Rich
Hi Rich,

In fact, the 35mm seems a little bit wide for me on DSLR. 7 mm is not a little, especially for indoor use where some feetwork isn't always possible.
But thanks anyway Rich.

Pol.

Pol

Harry S. said:
Rich Gibson said:

Rich
Having both of them, I have to say that at f/1.4 the 28mm (although also slighty soft) is markedly sharper than the 35mm, but from f/2.8 to about f/8 they are both incredibly sharp lenses. And, I love the build of the 35/1.4.

For ambient light shots I prefer the 28/1.4 because it's so well balanced on my D1X that shooting 1/10s handheld is not utopic (unless I drank too much strong coffee).
Example (1/10s at f/2.5):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers
Hi Harry,

Seems good. Must be super balanced with that speed, handheld. Hopefully as good on a D70. Thanks

Pol.

Pol

Hi there,

Today, found that wonderful 28mm 1.4 BABY for a reasonable price. In top condition, as new.
Very good balanced even on the D70. SHARP ! And sure 1/10 sec is not a problem.
AF a bit slow and noisy but still very acceptable.

Pol.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom