1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 300 f2.8 AF-S II and 1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by PLPhoto, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I seem to be having problems recently with my 300mm and 1.4 converter. There's always been some play between the two, but almost all of a sudden I'm getting the dreaded F stop blinkies.

I've tried it with another 1.4 and the same happens, so I ruled out the 1.4. The 300mm has some wear on the mount, so I'm assuming it's the 300mm.

And of course football season has started and yet again I'm having to possible send some equipment for repair.

She works fine on the camera alone and I didn't use the 1.4 very often last season.

Should I wait until the season is over or you think Nikon would be quick with this? I know they can be hit or miss.

Anyone have the same problem with these two? Any home remedy quick temp quick fixes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.