Showcase Nikon 35mm f/1.4G

i wouldn't swap my Nikon 35 F1.4 for any other 35mm lens, it never lets me down

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
You got that right, even I were given a free Sigma and the cash in the amount I paid for my 35/1.4.

i wouldn't swap my Nikon 35 F1.4 for any other 35mm lens, it never lets me down

That's a gem, Colin!

Wonderful photos everyone. Im still debating in buying back this nikon 35mm 1.4 or the new 1.8g that will come out soon.
I don't know why you got rid of the 35/1.4 in the first place? It's such a wonderful lens. It's been glued to my camera until I got Killer. The 35 is my most used lens!!!

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
great choice, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks Colin. After I ordered the lens I revisited a folder of shots I made on a trip to Prague. When I was there I carried the 24-120mm f4. A lens I like real well. Many of my favorite shots were made on that trip, so I went to see what focal lengths I chose most often. I was a bit surprised to learn that a large preponderance of my best images were shot in a FL range between around 30 and 45. Not all, but a great many. Knowing that, I'm excited to get this glass in my bag. Walking around in an old city with this lens, especially in low light should be a lot of fun. I expect no disappointment.

Real Name
Colin Carter
Thanks Colin. After I ordered the lens I revisited a folder of shots I made on a trip to Prague. When I was there I carried the 24-120mm f4. A lens I like real well. Many of my favorite shots were made on that trip, so I went to see what focal lengths I chose most often. I was a bit surprised to learn that a large preponderance of my best images were shot in a FL range between around 30 and 45. Not all, but a great many. Knowing that, I'm excited to get this glass in my bag. Walking around in an old city with this lens, especially in low light should be a lot of fun. I expect no disappointment.
I'm surprised how, subconsciously, i choose a 35mm focal length on my 24-120mm lens too.

i also love the 24-120, much better than the Nikon 24-70 i sold after i got the 24-120.

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
Yeah. Colin, I just sold my 24-70 last week in the FS Forum. I was reluctant, I really liked that lens but, it became clear to me that the 24-120 on is my D700 most of the time, and the quality it produces continues to impress me. It's lighter, has VR, and produces. So I let the 24-70 go. Can't wait to get the 35. Brown should get here by Friday! I want a D800, but I'll keep the 700 a while longer. It works well.

Yes, I love this lens as well ... wide opened.

Can't wait to see this thread get revived with more photos.
I'll be shooting with it next week. I'll try to get some up. It's been a struggle getting "Killer" to come off of the old D800.:D

Yes, I love this lens as well ... wide opened.

Very nice!! Love this shot!!!

Even works in poor lighting!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom