Showcase Nikon 35mm f/1.4G

My youngest son Marcus
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Overlooking the "Devil's Den" at Gettysburg.

I honestly love how little distortion this lens has for being what I call a wide angle (remember that I shoot at 200mm normally). This shot is uncorrected for distortion, and has just a tiny crop, so the subject definitely wasn't in the center. I find to get the best results though, I have to manual focus the lens. That could be an issue with the D800 though.

Tommy Gun. by VisualEchos, on Flickr

I honestly love how little distortion this lens has for being what I call a wide angle (remember that I shoot at 200mm normally). This shot is uncorrected for distortion, and has just a tiny crop, so the subject definitely wasn't in the center. I find to get the best results though, I have to manual focus the lens. That could be an issue with the D800 though.

Tommy Gun. by VisualEchos, on Flickr
this is some great work man! darn, if i can get this lens for hella cheap...sigh.

KF i do have the s35, while its a good lens and sharp...its on the chopping block. i barely use it and would rather use my 35mm f2 nonAI over it. but the rendering on newer N glass is very nice.

I have considered selling my 35, I simply don't use it enough, the focus is just so inaccurate at times. No issues with my 85, or 200 though. Somehow I still feel like it's my D800's fault, really don't like the camera, loved my D700 way more.

I have considered selling my 35, I simply don't use it enough, the focus is just so inaccurate at times. No issues with my 85, or 200 though. Somehow I still feel like it's my D800's fault, really don't like the camera, loved my D700 way more.
did you switch from the d700 to the d800 for the res? i love my d700, havent used a d800 but i did own a d610 for a short while, but keep going back to my d700

Real Name
Colin Carter
I love my 35g on the D800, one of my favourite lenses, ultra sharp at all apertures and the colours and contrast are excellent. At f16 the new 1.4g Nikkors produce the best 18 point stars on light sources I've seen.

I took the same shot on my 24-120 and the stars were nowhere near as good.

Here is a 30second exposure at f16.

I love my 35g on the D800, one of my favourite lenses, ultra sharp at all apertures and the colours and contrast are excellent. At f16 the new 1.4g Nikkors produce the best 18 point stars on light sources I've seen.

I took the same shot on my 24-120 and the stars were nowhere near as good.

Here is a 30second exposure at f16.

Very cool
Shot!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Is it true?
No pictures since nearly 5 years?
Where have all the lenses gone?

I just like to show how beautiful machine construction can be...

(1)

(2)

The lens performs strong.
Perhaps I'll buy it one day...

Kind regards
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom