1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 35mm F1.8 in stock but hurry

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by vz223, Aug 1, 2009.

1. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
  2. Beware -- call them first before ordering on their web site, or place the order over the phone. Don't trust what the web site says regarding availability.

I tried ordering a 35/1.8 from them a while ago, and the order went through fine. The site said they had it in stock. Then on Monday I got an email telling me they're actually out of stock and have put me on backorder.

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Good advice bill. I did call and spoke to a woman who said that they had 5 in stock. I will await the email on Monday.

4. Oh I'm sure you definitely got your's if you spoke to Darby. And Darby is a real cutie :biggrin:

I was thinking of orders after your's. Once availability news gets posted, the remaining 5 can disappear very quickly and their site seems to have problems representing true availability. Unless they've fixed it by now.

The last time they had availability, people were placing orders all weekend long. Orders that got in late morning or early afternoon on Saturday and everything after got backordered. It led to some very unhappy people.

5. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Got it today. What a bargain at $199.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.