Nikon 500 mm PF VR 5.6 Waiting Times

Question, how long have you been waiting or waited for a 500 PF? I just ordered one from a Portland Oregon camera store that I have purchased all of my Camera and Lenses from and I was told the waiting list was rather lengthy. I asked if Nikon has filled any of the stores orders recently and was told its been awhile. Not too encouraging and how long is AWHILE?

I guess it depends on where you order. I ordered mine from a smaller dealer who had no waiting list and it arrived exactly two weeks later. They did make sure to tell me that they had a great relationship with Nikon (whatever that means) and I guess it is true. I heard from another dealer (where I was on their pre-order list) that they are receiving lenses a little more frequently now than before (which was 1 to 2 a month).

I ordered Georgie's in October and I am next on the list at a proshop in Vancouver. I am told I may get it before the end of the month. Fingers crossed. They seem to be rarer than hen's teeth. Being in Canada we are a bit behind you folks in the US...

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"mom, I am still waiting and waiting. Don't you know I am an important BEAGLE???" - Georgie Beagle

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I am on B&H waiting list, I have received 3 emails with the last one yesterday saying, they are on the way, coming on a bamboo boat from Asia.
B&H, Adorama and Amazon appear to have far longer wait lists than smaller local dealers. Have you tried Murphy's or District Camera?

It’s free so just the discount on repairs makes this a must have
NPS is totally worth it for priority orders and getting 20% discounts on repairs. In fact if you shoot manual glass, CLA type repairs comes out less than $100 USD, cheaper than most 3rd party repair facilities if you have older MF glass.

Placed an order with deposit at Houston Camera Exchange on February 02, picked it up April 04.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Like you, for me points is not an issue! LOL! I started the application process. As I recall, they asked for 2 images that had been published in the last 12 months....and your membership # in a professional organization. Membership in some org would cost me $100-200 a year......not worth it for the few times NPS would benefit me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom