1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 500 VR?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Joe Skulason, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Hi there! I am having a really hard time finding a Nikon 500 VR! :/ I know B&H had it in stock a few days ago, but I missed that... I live in Iceland and would like to have it shipped here... I have the 8000$ sitting here, but no lens! :/

I have really important birding trips coming up, and I would like to have the lens by then...

If anyone could help me find one from a respected dealer, it would mean everything to me! ;) 

P.s. My first post here, this is an awesome website! ;) 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. Why don't you try and pm Jim Fenton. Just search my name. He seems to have a local dealer that gets them in on occassion. I bought his AFSII model. It is an awesome lens!!!

Nancy

3. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Thanks, maybe I'll try that... anyone else know anything? :( 

4. Exotic lenses are hard to come by right now. With the Olympics coming up in a few weeks, Nikon (and I understand Canon, too) are making sure there are plenty to go around for NPS. The supply should catch up soon...

5. Sarheat

Sarheat

May 22, 2008
    UAE
  6. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Thanks, I'll look into that... I think it's kind of strange that I cant buy a lens that I am willing to spend 8000$ on.. hehe:p 

7. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Allen's Camera

Try Allen's Camera at allen@allenscamera.com. He is pretty good at finding scarce lenses and is based on my personal experience totally reliable.

8. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Thanks everyone! :)  I'll try out those dealers and stores...Although it doesn't look like I will get the lens before those birding trips... :/

9. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    Nikon is a joke when it comes to long lenses supply. Many of us have $8k-$10k but Nikon failed to take our money. :D 
    I hope after the Olympics, these lenses will be in stock more often.

10. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    I think the supply is catching up. I saw 400 and 600 VRs in shops last week here in Hong Kong. Did not notice any 500 though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.