Nikon 500 VR?

Hi there! I am having a really hard time finding a Nikon 500 VR! :/ I know B&H had it in stock a few days ago, but I missed that... I live in Iceland and would like to have it shipped here... I have the 8000$ sitting here, but no lens! :/

I have really important birding trips coming up, and I would like to have the lens by then...

If anyone could help me find one from a respected dealer, it would mean everything to me! ;)

P.s. My first post here, this is an awesome website! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I am having a really hard time finding a Nikon 500 VR! :/ I know B&H had it in stock a few days ago, but I missed that... I live in Iceland and would like to have it shipped here... I have the 8000$ sitting here, but no lens! :/

If anyone could help me find one from a respected dealer, it would mean everything to me! ;)

P.s. My first post here, this is an awesome website! ;)
Why don't you try and pm Jim Fenton. Just search my name. He seems to have a local dealer that gets them in on occassion. I bought his AFSII model. It is an awesome lens!!!

Nancy

Exotic lenses are hard to come by right now. With the Olympics coming up in a few weeks, Nikon (and I understand Canon, too) are making sure there are plenty to go around for NPS. The supply should catch up soon...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I'll look into that... I think it's kind of strange that I cant buy a lens that I am willing to spend 8000$ on.. hehe:p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone! :) I'll try out those dealers and stores...Although it doesn't look like I will get the lens before those birding trips... :/

Nikon is a joke when it comes to long lenses supply. Many of us have $8k-$10k but Nikon failed to take our money. :D
I hope after the Olympics, these lenses will be in stock more often.

I think the supply is catching up. I saw 400 and 600 VRs in shops last week here in Hong Kong. Did not notice any 500 though!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom