Nikon 500Vr

Discussion in 'Birds' started by colincarter, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Following on from my recent post in Lenslust I thought i would share a few more of my recent photos with you from my first outing with the 500VR

hope you like them

best wishes

Colin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kingfisher with Chiffchaff
    [​IMG]

2. Incredible work, and how awesome to have such an incredible lens, I am very happy for you. I've always wanted to 500 for the weight, seems like the perfect compromise between the 400 2.8vr and 600vr. I just shot the 400 2.8vr a couple of weeks ago, and that is one heavy piece of glass. Keep up the great work. ps, I thought I responded to this post this morning.
    Kevin P.

3. Hi Kevin

thanks for the comments.

i have a post in Lenslust but i thought it would be better to add additional photos in a new post in the bird forum. thanks again

best wishes

Colin

4. Ouytstanding Presentation Colin

"Bloody Smashing"

5. thanks Gary much appreciated.

its a priviledge to be in the company of these little birds and to receive superb comments from the people on this forum.

best wishes

Colin.

6. Fantastic shots Colin. You've taken to the new 500Vr quite nicely producing images such as these.

7. Thats a very pretty bird! Nice shots!

8. Wow... great images.. so vibrant colors and creamy bokehs. Very nice indeed.

9. thanks everyone, much appreciated

10. These are some fine shots. Nicely done.

11. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    First you go out and get a 500 and then first time shooting it, you get these shots of the cute little kingfisher. You're making a Floridian jealous and that's not easy.

12. excellent shots Colin, and congrats on a great lens acquisition.

13. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Beautiful shots. I love the bokeh in these and the detail in the Kingfishers.

14. Great images. Thanks for posting these.

15. thanks everyone for your great comments

16. Please ID the blue bird. It is beautiful as are your captures of it.

Les

17. Oh dear! I have been suffering from a bad case of lenslust caused by this lens - and you have just made it much worse :mad:
    Please tell me that there is so much wrong with it and how it is so difficult to use and so heavy and slow to focus . . . . maybe that will help to keep my symptoms under control.
    Please don't post any more pretty pictures either, or I may have a relapse and become a terminal case :wink:

Alan

18. Hi Alan

sorry about that but i can only say good things about this lens, it is everything i hoped it would be and more. The 500mm was the lens i missed the most from switching over to Nikon from Canon earlier in the year and now i am very happy again.

Its an incredible lens and if you need one / want one / can afford one then dont hesitate life is too short just get one, i think the biggest probelm with the lens is finding one.

Best wishes

Colin.