Showcase Nikon 50mm f/1.2

Here is another image from the lens processed in a very different way I added a cooling blue filter no grain and sharpening. I think added a negative darkening vignette to it. Hope this helps.
mike
PS. I don't know for sure but I believe that the Images are over sharp on this site?

A friendly welcom by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
So interesting Mike: technically this image dwarfs your original presentation of the subject. However, the originals have such a special character and mystique that they reach the art realm IMO. This version just doesn't move me. I very much appreciate all the effort you put into addressing my concerns: you have taught me something of immense importance. Best--jt

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Interesting discussion of the psychology of using a lens--I agree, one must believe in something before it can bear fruit, a lens is no different. Your discussion of the lens is touching actually--great to see an artists who truly appreciates his tools.

BTW, is it possible to provide he apertures uses in those shots? jt
Hi Jt. I am currently using the New PC that I built and have not transferred over most of the images as you. When I finally got around to it I will post them here.
Regards.
mike

so hard focusing w/ this lens at 1.2 !!!
here's one i took & its SOOC
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Great shot! Love the warm and soft bokeh and the soft colors as well.

Real Name
Chris
I finally get to post in this thread! Just ordered one from KEH. D700, ISO 6400, F1.2 cause what else are you going to do when you first get this lens?

Real Name
Chris
and another. bought this lens for the f1.2, fell in love with the color

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom