Showcase Nikon 50mm f/1.4 G AF-S

Just got me a slightly used D600 (about 500 shots taken) and testing my lenses on it, after a little focus fine-tuning of the body at the shop...Despite the resolution step-up from my previous D700 body, I still keep getting pretty sharp images using this lens full open - re: Dave's message from a while back on previous page - Have not tested my copy with a D800, but the sharpness is still OK for me at 24 Mps. Here is one 100% crop @f/1.4:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just got me a slightly used D600 (about 500 shots taken) and testing my lenses on it, after a little focus fine-tuning of the body at the shop...Despite the resolution step-up from my previous D700 body, I still keep getting pretty sharp images using this lens full open - re: Dave's message from a while back on previous page - Have not tested my copy with a D800, but the sharpness is still OK for me at 24 Mps. Here is one 100% crop @f/1.4:
Perfectly acceptable sharpness for me. I keep thinking I need to try another copy. I must have had a real dud.

It has been years and I am pulling out old lenses to let them breathe fresh air, so to speak.

I still consider this one of my best shots with the D7000 :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom