Showcase Nikon 55mm f/1.2

with a 55mm 1.2 I bought here from a member for $35

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wonderful series, #3 is my favorite. Which film type is this? real film or emulation? the blue and yellow tones here are very nice.

was a d800 :)
awesome! Would you care to share the tone and curves adjustments you made to achieve that look? its pretty much my favorite look and I cant seem to replicate it and anyone I ask always just says " ho just some curves and color balance adjustments" but never actually says which colors they adjusted etc

The Nikkor 55/1.2 underwent several "tweeks" in its optical formula from the introduction in 1965 through to the "K" version with rubber inset focus ring. I've kept the Nikkor-SC 55/1.2 and my Nikkor 55/1.2 Ai. The "K" and "Ai" version focus to 0.5m, and the optical configuration was "teeeked" for the closer focus. The Nikkor-SC 55/1.2 is multi-coated, focuses to 0.6m. These lenses are true F1.2, many other "F1.2 lenses" measure out to be closer to F1.3. The 7 element in 5 group configuration has better transmission than Nikon's other F1.2 lenses, and the 55/1.2 SC and AI come in at T1.25. The 55/1.2 has better resolution over the center 2/3rds of the image than the Nikkor 50/1.4 of the day. When buying used: be sure to check the optics for misalignment. The big-front section of the lens makes it prone to knocks, and 40~50 years of use can ruin an image.

Taken with the Nikkor-SC 55/1.2 on the Nikon Df.

nikkor_55 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

nikkor_55_12 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Wide-Open at F1.2

Fall 2015 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

The Nikkor 55/1.2 Ai gets more use on the Df, for film- it lived on an F2AS and the Nikkor-SC lived on the F2Sb or F2 eyelevel.

Wide-Open ,

Christmas 2016 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Marine Museum, Quantico by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

At F2,

Marine Museum, Quantico by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

DSC_0273 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Wide-Open on the F2AS, Kodacolor 400.

donut1 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

This is not a small lens.

DSC00004 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Posed next to a Nikon SP with 5cm F1.4: which is a small lens.

Buying cotton candy, and a horse. All four wide open with Nikon Circular Polar II. In the third image the cotton candy seems to work as a fill reflector. :p

Shot I took couple of years ago when in Japan. Business trips to Japan are always nice opportunity to get some shots of people on the streets. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom