Nikon 5700 replacement?

The other day I came across my old Nikon 5700 languishing in a closet and decided to try it on model railroad photography. The photo below was taken with it and processed using LR 4.4 and Elements, shot in ordinary room light.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Using the camera again I realized what a good little machine it was in it's day, for it's type... that is. Lightweight, easy to use (once you got used to the controls) but not that great in low light situations. Besides, it's only five mega pixels and a bit of color noise as most of you that owned the Cool Pix line from years ago will remember.
Gee, was it really a great little machine? :confused:
Anyway, is there a much improved camera like the 5700 that has eliminated all, or most, of it's flaws? One that has the close focus capability of a Nikon, more MP, greatly improved noise reduction etc. etc.?
Jarrell

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
And what was nice about that line, was the great dof you could get in closeup macro shots!

I miss my CP5000 CP5700 both still to this day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And what was nice about that line, was the great dof you could get in closeup macro shots!

I miss my CP5000 CP5700 both still to this day.
Wade, I guess that great dof, along with the flip out rotating rear lcd panel is what makes it so good for model photography. Maybe I want too much in that type camera. I carried the 5700 with me alot, much more than my current dslr.
Jarrell

Still have my 5400. It took fine pics in good light. I also now have the 7700 as a small take everywhere camera, and its an improvement in every way.

Not sure about a replacement, but aren't similar current types all improved?

The 5700 was striking with it's clarity and resolution (at the time), at least in good light.

Best,

Alan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still have my 5400. It took fine pics in good light. I also now have the 7700 as a small take everywhere camera, and its an improvement in every way.
and this month Nikon is bringing out the P7800 sporting an 'eye level' viewfinder to supplement the built in rotating lcd screen on back.
Jarrell

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom