Showcase Nikon 58mm f/1.4 G AF-S - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I posted in this thread.... @ 1.4, D810
My daughter Alexa...

Harry.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
I love the framing!

A few months ago I posted some impromptu photos of my next door neighbor's daughter just after I received this lens and I could not believe the grief I received for having one eye in focus and the other not in a couple of the shots. I was an early recipient of this lens and I was simply curious how this lens looked wide open. Quite surprised to get such negative comments. Nevertheless, here is a shot from a ballet rehearsal with the 58g and a D4. As you can see, both eyes in focus, but personally I think it's kind of boring if one adheres to such strict rules. Just my opinion.

p72859410-5.jpg

A few months ago I posted some impromptu photos of my next door neighbor's daughter just after I received this lens and I could not believe the grief I received for having one eye in focus and the other not in a couple of the shots. I was an early recipient of this lens and I was simply curious how this lens looked wide open. Quite surprised to get such negative comments. Nevertheless, here is a shot from a ballet rehearsal with the 58g and a D4. As you can see, both eyes in focus, but personally I think it's kind of boring if one adheres to such strict rules. Just my opinion.

p72859410-5.jpg

Joe, that's funny. I wouldn't sweat it, your body of work with any lens is above amazing and speaks for itself. I've always loved how you harnessed the characteristics of this lens and pushed them to the limit. I like the way you break all those boring rules.

You might call this shot boring, but I really like how you used the lighting and shadowing in conjunction with the the thin DoF. Not many people can combine all these elements and hit it just right. I'm glad to see you still shooting and enjoying what you do!!

p72859410-5.jpg

Fantastic shot! Well, you're gonna get grief from people no matter what you do anyway (and I have gotten a lot throughout the years) Just ignore them and keep creating. You know you make fantastic work, so just keep creating images and remain faithful to your own vision. Always expect criticism, ALWAYS. You can never please everyone no matter what you do. Remember that you're doing this for YOU, not for them.

Again, fantastic work!

Thanks Kingfisher and Joseph. I appreciate constructive criticism and I fully realize some clients are seemingly impossible to please. However, name calling was really not very constructive. No worries.

Great little lens by the way.

p72859410-5.jpg
early adopter of this lens too but i do suck at it but always adored the folks who make it shine like yourself joe! good work here... :)

my little girl extremely happy this morning. a little vsco action.

15888855917_88d1a89474_k.jpg

Nice!

Nice shot... not crystal sharp though. Is that with the new 750??

What a cutie though... :)

Nice shot... not crystal sharp though. Is that with the new 750??

What a cutie though... :)
Yah it's with the 750. Ive been struggling to get images as sharp as with the Df. Though when I view it on my mbp its sharp. I'm either not exporting correctly in LR or Flickr messing around with compression?

Here is another. No pp. it looks relly sharp on my monitor but after I upload it looks blurry and soft? I linked the original size.

15887189370_54d82e37d7_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom