1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 600mm F4 Pricing

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Steve P, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Steve P

Steve P

Oct 26, 2007
    Arizona
    I have an opportunity to buy a brand new 600mm F4 afs II from a private party . Receipt and full warranty will be available. What would be a fair price. Would appreciate any input. Thanks Steve

2. As little as possible....

3. Lucky you Steve. If you buy it can you tell me how much you paid. I may be interested in one.

4. I'm not 100% sure, but if you give me the person's contact information I may be able to determine a fair price. :) 

In all seriousness, I believe the price before the VR version was somewhere around $8600. So, if it is brand new anything under $6500 would have to be considered a pretty good deal.

5. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i knew it
    the 400 for fla and the 600 for nh...awesome!

6. Steve P

Steve P

Oct 26, 2007
    Arizona
    You guys are funny. I especially liked the little as possible answer. Still trying to figure out the 400 for fla and the 600 for nh Randy. Steve P

7. Steve, first of all, the new 600 vr is almost impossible to find and costs about $9500.

Randy's reference was to me. I had a 500 and sold it for a 400 VR. Now I am complaining that the birds I shoot here in NH are often too far away or small for a 400. The 400 works perfectly for the larger, tamer birds in Florida.

8. Steve P

Steve P

Oct 26, 2007
    Arizona
    Hey Allan,

Thanks for the clarification. How about a TC on the 400 ? The lens I was considering wasn't the VR version. Doesn't matter, the guy sold it. Actually glad . I really don't shoot enough to justify it anyway. Steve P

9. Do you know how much he got for it?

10. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    600 af-s II ---- 5900 to 6500
    600 af-s ---- 4200 to 5800
    600 af-i ---- 3500 to 5000

this from ebay data I saved up until March of this year
    good luck

11. Steve P

Steve P

Oct 26, 2007
    Arizona
    Thanks Pixel,

Very useful information ..much appreciated. Steve P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.