Nikon 6T VS. Canon 500D

I know that Nikons 6T has a dioptor of about 2.9 and I'd like to know the power of Canons 500D closeup filter. I've seen photos made with both and they're equally great lenses
Could someone tell me the power of the Canon?
Thanks,
Jarrell

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the information. I guess I should have said that I was interested in the magnification power of the two rather than their physical sizes. Bad on me. The lens I would use them on is 77mm, so that rules out the Nikon glass. I also need a 1.4 Nikon converter....*sigh* ... need so many things!
:)
Jarrell

Jarrell,

Perhaps some else can confirm, but the physical size of the 5T/6T is not an issue with a 77mm lens, as only the center of the lens is effectively used: the good old step-down rings should do the trick. Disclaimer: I have a 500D myself so can't really confirm that there is no vignetting with the 5T/6T.

Jarrell,

Here is another type of macro (the only one I have online. I think), also with the 70-200VR and CU500D: hand-held at 125mm, f/5.6, 1/20s (no fear!!! :oops:)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Out of season pic, for sure, but the sentiment still goes... as it looks like it's gonna be Merry Christmas for you soon! :twisted: ;-) :lol:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom