1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 70-200 AF-S VR

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by cvansickler, Jul 5, 2008.

1. cvansickler

cvansickler

May 17, 2008
    Texas
    I am thinking about selling my 80-200 2.8 ED glass, and upgrading to the 70-200 VR lens. Is there going to be that much of a difference?

2. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    All depends on what you shoot with it.

If you shoot weddings and are often below 1/focal length then the answer is yes. If you shoot unpredictable sports, then probably yes. If you are shooting more predictable sports or other slower target then no.

It also depends on what body you are using. On a D## body (D70, D80,...), yes. On a D200/D300, probably but I shot both 80-200 AF-D and 70-200 AF-S on a D200 and there was a difference but most of the time it was hard to tell. On D2/D3 bodies I think you’d be hard pressed to notice in every day use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.