Showcase Nikon 70-200mm f/4 G AF-S

I just bought the Nikon 70-200 f4 VR to replace a much heavier Sigma 100-300 f4 I was using (never really used over 200mm) it seems like the size and lighter weight will make it a nice zoom to take with me on my travels this year!
I'm looking at getting a tripod collar for it though and the Nikon one is £150 are there any 3rd party alternatives that anyone could recommend?
I purchased the collar on Ebay for a nominal sum and have no complaints....I believe this is it though the script is now a bit different..http://www.ebay.com/itm/271127114316?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649.

Wow this lens is sharp and it's contrast is out of this world. Exceeding happy with this purchase. I can't wait to get it out into the big landscapes..

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These shots are as close to straight out off Camera as possible. Raw Imported into Lightroom with my Default Mono Preset which mimics as close as possible my in camera monochrome picture control. They look as near as dammit the same as the Jpeg previews do on the Camera Screen.
D800e, handheld, VR on.

Just got this lens to make my walking easier. Fed up of taking the D800 and 8 primes. Lightweight kit is now the Zeiss 18, 35-70 2.8D and the 70-200 f4

Roadside snap this morning

West, excellent capture.
Thanks, awesome lens. Those 2 are strait out of camera, no PP other than border.

The AF-S 70-200 f/4G is also fine for studiowork

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom