1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 70-200VR ? Price

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dagored, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Just located the 70-200vr on B&H for $1514.85 with the discount code PSJAN07031. It is exactly $75 cheaper than the standard lookup - $1589.85. I wonder if this is a returned lens? It does not say anything in the listing. I am asking opinions, because I never get lucky with anything. Therefore, I am hesitant.

2. Give them a call and ask. The beauty about B&H is that if you're not satisfied with it, you can return it or exchange it.

3. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    I hate calling them. I can not handle the NY attitude. I have purchased many items in the past two years without a phone call to them. I always get someone that acts like they are doing me a favor.

4. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    I had the same thoughts but like Sandi said, I could have returned it.
    I purchased the lens with the same code and the lens is all new, no grey market, 5 year Nikon warranty etc.

5. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks. That did it. I just pulled the trigger. Got 2 day air, hope I have it by Friday.

6. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    Congrats. You'll love it.

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I bought on this same price, thanks to someone here on the cafe. It just arrived today, and it's spectacular. If this is a returned lens, I certainly can't tell.

I also noticed that my other purchase - the 28-70mm f/2.8 - was available for $35 less as a Demo. It was clearly marked as such. I get the feeling B&H is above board about the condition of its items. They also have an Open Box section on the web page for such items.

If you don't like the 70-200mm VR as a lens (doubtful), it's certainly a useful club.

8. Glad you went ahead! it should be new and you should be delighted.

9. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    If you ever get to NYC, you should go to the B&H store.
    It is an almost orgasmic experience - 35000 sq ft of techie stuff.
    Unbelievable service.
    Major cash flow - they had 12 cashiers working when I was there on Sunday.

10. Carman, you're sunk now - you'll love this lens!!!! It's so sweet :biggrin:

11. I got mine a few weeks ago with the same code. It was definitely a new lens. You are going to love the lens.

12. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Sandi,

I know I am in trouble. I am looking at the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Nikon TC-14E 1.4x II Teleconverter. Do you know anything about it? I have read about it on line, but I like "hands-on, here's how it worked for me" comments and advice. [/FONT]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.