Nikon 70-200VR ? Price

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dagored, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Just located the 70-200vr on B&H for $1514.85 with the discount code PSJAN07031. It is exactly $75 cheaper than the standard lookup - $1589.85. I wonder if this is a returned lens? It does not say anything in the listing. I am asking opinions, because I never get lucky with anything. Therefore, I am hesitant.

2. Give them a call and ask. The beauty about B&H is that if you're not satisfied with it, you can return it or exchange it.

3. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    I hate calling them. I can not handle the NY attitude. I have purchased many items in the past two years without a phone call to them. I always get someone that acts like they are doing me a favor.

4. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    I had the same thoughts but like Sandi said, I could have returned it.
    I purchased the lens with the same code and the lens is all new, no grey market, 5 year Nikon warranty etc.

5. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks. That did it. I just pulled the trigger. Got 2 day air, hope I have it by Friday.

6. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    Congrats. You'll love it.

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I bought on this same price, thanks to someone here on the cafe. It just arrived today, and it's spectacular. If this is a returned lens, I certainly can't tell.

I also noticed that my other purchase - the 28-70mm f/2.8 - was available for $35 less as a Demo. It was clearly marked as such. I get the feeling B&H is above board about the condition of its items. They also have an Open Box section on the web page for such items.

If you don't like the 70-200mm VR as a lens (doubtful), it's certainly a useful club.

8. Glad you went ahead! it should be new and you should be delighted.

9. If you ever get to NYC, you should go to the B&H store.
    It is an almost orgasmic experience - 35000 sq ft of techie stuff.
    Unbelievable service.
    Major cash flow - they had 12 cashiers working when I was there on Sunday.

10. Carman, you're sunk now - you'll love this lens!!!! It's so sweet :biggrin:

11. I got mine a few weeks ago with the same code. It was definitely a new lens. You are going to love the lens.

12. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Sandi,

I know I am in trouble. I am looking at the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Nikon TC-14E 1.4x II Teleconverter. Do you know anything about it? I have read about it on line, but I like "hands-on, here's how it worked for me" comments and advice. [/FONT]