Nikon 70-300mm AFS-VR f4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Hello everyone

I have been contemplating a new lens which is nothing new here. I want to start getting into paintball photography (for now it is just an idea). I have taken a few pictures of people playing with my 55-200mm and i feel that the range just isn't enough. I am on a budget and would like to hear any thoughts about this lens. I have also been lusting over a D5100 because of the swivel screen but that is another story. If someone has any other suggestions post up and lets see what comes from it.

Another thing I don't know where to find second hand deals in South Africa so for now that isn't an option, unless someone can point me into the right direction. I don't want to import because it would cost me a lot more and the risk is a lot higher.

Real Name
Randy
Considering the price it's a good lens.....probably needs to be stopped down a little....VR is good although somewhat out of date, AFS motor focuses fast and is accurate....

Many of us thought it was an even better lens until Canon released their 70-300L lens and we saw how good a 70-300 can be and then Nikon even topped the canon with the new 80-400

It's a good daylight lens. Somewhat unpredictable wide open but sharp when stopped down to f/8. The 5.6 aperture also gives you a dim viewfinder. Build is ok, lots of plastic. Overall IQ is good.

A lot of lens for the money. Lightweight and handy.

BridgeRepairsonTheCuyahoga_zpsc6acc34e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Made a nice living with mine for a couple of years...back when
I used to spec. shoot rodeo. D300s f6.3 ISO200 1/1250th ~270mm

3hs_9956_zpsd3155fd7.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a 300 f/2.8VRII but have used the zoom in the past and I was very impressed with its performance and price point.

Ferdinand, google outdoorphoto in Pretoria. They have a useful classified column. I use this lens with my d800 and d200 and get very nice results. Staying in Lydenburg it has taken a lot of wildlife photo's in Kruger. It is a very good lens for the money.

Willie

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom