Showcase Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 E ED AF-P VR DX/FX (model 20068)

I bought this lens today, and went straight to a local reserve. One thing I wanted to try was the DX mode on my Z6, and this swan was just far enough away, I thought I’d try. Early days but am loving my Z6 (my first Nikon and first FF camera!)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WOW! Magnificent photos!
The Gear Acquisition Syndrome has struck with full force!:D I have an excellent older 70-300 AF-s VR FX lens that I have had for about 10 years. It tests sharp on my D 7100, works very well, and I love the 450 mm equivalent view.
The weight differential is not much between my lens and the AF P, and I'm wondering if there is a real advantage to buying the newer lens. I've updated my D 7100 firmware so it will be able to use it. A factory tech told me that with the latest software update, the lens will work with my camera, but there are accounts of the lens "timing out" when in the midst of follow focus or panning. What is that all about? Is it necessary to have one of the new high Megapixel Wunderkameras to take full advantage the lens' capabilities? Any advice pro or con will be appreciated! ☺

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom