• All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

Nikon 80-200 2.8 .. trying again...

Buy/Sell feedback for Taurahe (0)

I got burned on flea bay so trying this again...... SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have a Nikon 80-200 2.8 that I dont really use much anymore. I did get it used from a member here on the forum, and it was in excellent condition then and still is. The Glass is clean both front and back. It has always been stored in a camera bag with desiccant packs, caps installed. I did not get a lens hood, box, manual or any of that stuff with it, so I do not have it. I also purchased it with a minor issue. The A/m ring lock no longer works. It will sometimes turn from AF to MF if you bump it. I bought it this way, and I am disclosing that fact. I have always just used a piece of gaffers tape and have never had an issue when I have used it. There are a few dust specs in the front element that do not effect image quality in any way. Again, I bought this lens in this condition but it has worked wonderfully. The glass is perfect, no mold or growth anywhere and has never been in bad weather. It does show normal signs of use, but there is no brassing. It will come with a RRS footplate.

The lens works perfectly in every way, and is very sharp. The reason I am selling it is that I prefer my 70-300 VC USD do to its lighter weight, hence why it goes unused. Taking into account the lack of some factory items and that the lens is not 100%, I would like to get $600 for it, but I am open to reasonable offers. Buyers pays for shipping. This a chance for a someone looking for a 2.8 telephoto to get a great deal on a quality used lens. It would not be expensive to have repaired, but I just worked around the issue.

Cosmetic:8 /10
Mechanical: 7/10 ( issues noted)

If you would be interested in a trade, I am looking for another camera body. I am looking for either a D90 or a D7000 in excellent condition. a camera body with a 50mm 1.8 would be awesome and I could add some cash for the right deal.

Also, I would be greatly interested in a Micro 4/3rds kit or a fujifilm micro camera. Nothing super fancy needed but I am looking for something decent.

I have done my best to illustrate the noted discrepancies in my images, if you have questions please ask.

13135212445_85681ecf19_c.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC0008 by knapptimephotography, on Flickr

View attachment 1305567 _DSC0004 by knapptimephotography, on Flickr

13135500424_ac1910ae75_c.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC0007 by knapptimephotography, on Flickr

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom