1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon 80-200 AF-S + D3

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by BostonRott, Aug 8, 2008.

1. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    adorable doggies! :biggrin:

2. Nice! I have always loved my 80-200 AFS--both on my DX bodies and on my N80.

3. What cuties! I just LOVE puppies, and great job with getting them in focus! Moving targets, especially my doggie....are usually a blur. But he was running REALLY fast, and I had the slow poke 85 on the camera for this one. :tongue:

2403519705_a344d2b262_b.

4. I didn't intentionally choose "all dogs," but realized that after I had hit the post button. :redface: Having only had the D3 about 6mos, more than half of which were snow covered, and having had a new baby (read: using shorter focal lengths a lot lately)......seems the dogs have been my most common use of this lens. :tongue:

I will make a concerted effort to get some non-dog pics, and wide open ones at that! :biggrin:

5. You better have your running shoes on if you plan on getting that toddler of yours with it, LOL! Being that far away for me means a game of chase.....as fast as their little feet can take them. ;) 

6. BostonRott AKA Gretchen "the Nute" Caldwell :biggrin: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:  :biggrin:

7. Speaking of fantastic, this is a fantastic canine portrait!

8. lf911sc

lf911sc

Jun 15, 2008
    Monmouth, NJ
    The whole "Dog Days of Summer" theme would work a lot better without the snow!

9. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    bloody marvelous!

10. gretchen,
    great shots
    and.... once again... the wb is spot-on (no blue-tint)

the wb was all over the place with my theater shoot the other night
    i thought it would be better
    but.... a mix of pink/blue/yellow gels must have made it impossible even for the D3

11. Gee, how did you EVER know that?? :biggrin: That's exactly what went on, with me, um, less than gracefully chasing her while wearing James in a Snugli pouch. :rolleyes: 

I couldn't qualify to be towel holder at his pool, but I'm a willing student! :biggrin:

Thanks Frank! :smile: That's Xcel's daughter at 12 weeks. She's a real sweetie (and a long-coated Rottie....think Bernese Mtn dog fur).

12. Hahahaa! :smile:

This lens truly is one of my favorites, it's sharp, fast, and seems to make just about anything look great! :smile:

I can't even imagine shooting such colored light Greg! :eek:  I'm sure your D3 did its very best though. :smile:

13. Ok, one more today, Emilie at the playground. I grabbed a quick shot while the sun hid behind some clouds. Still not great on the lighting, shot at high noon, but the lens is sharp and WONDERFUL for people. :smile:

f/2.8, 200mm

I will admit though, shooting this with a wiggly baby in a Snugli pouch sure makes for a challenge. I hear that 180 calling......I think it'll be better for this kind of shooting (managing kids and shooting), and leave the 80-200 for the "Dad has the kids" work! :biggrin:

14. Gretchen that is one of the best I've seen of her! Maybe a quick snap, but aren't all photos of toddlers? LOL! Love this one and you even got eye contact! WOOHOO! Love it!

15. "I wanna see a MEEEANNNN monster face!" .... it gets her every time! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.