Nikon 80-200 AF-S + D3

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by BostonRott, Aug 8, 2008.

1. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    adorable doggies! :biggrin:

2. Nice! I have always loved my 80-200 AFS--both on my DX bodies and on my N80.

3. What cuties! I just LOVE puppies, and great job with getting them in focus! Moving targets, especially my doggie....are usually a blur. But he was running REALLY fast, and I had the slow poke 85 on the camera for this one. :tongue:

2403519705_a344d2b262_b.jpg

4. I didn't intentionally choose "all dogs," but realized that after I had hit the post button. :redface: Having only had the D3 about 6mos, more than half of which were snow covered, and having had a new baby (read: using shorter focal lengths a lot lately)......seems the dogs have been my most common use of this lens. :tongue:

I will make a concerted effort to get some non-dog pics, and wide open ones at that! :biggrin:

5. You better have your running shoes on if you plan on getting that toddler of yours with it, LOL! Being that far away for me means a game of chase.....as fast as their little feet can take them. ;)

6. BostonRott AKA Gretchen "the Nute" Caldwell :biggrin: :cool::cool::cool::cool: :biggrin:

7. Speaking of fantastic, this is a fantastic canine portrait!

8. lf911sc

lf911sc

Jun 15, 2008
    Monmouth, NJ
    The whole "Dog Days of Summer" theme would work a lot better without the snow!

9. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    bloody marvelous!

10. gretchen,
    great shots
    and.... once again... the wb is spot-on (no blue-tint)

the wb was all over the place with my theater shoot the other night
    i thought it would be better
    but.... a mix of pink/blue/yellow gels must have made it impossible even for the D3

11. Gee, how did you EVER know that?? :biggrin: That's exactly what went on, with me, um, less than gracefully chasing her while wearing James in a Snugli pouch. :rolleyes:

I couldn't qualify to be towel holder at his pool, but I'm a willing student! :biggrin:

Thanks Frank! :smile: That's Xcel's daughter at 12 weeks. She's a real sweetie (and a long-coated Rottie....think Bernese Mtn dog fur).

12. Hahahaa! :smile:

This lens truly is one of my favorites, it's sharp, fast, and seems to make just about anything look great! :smile:

I can't even imagine shooting such colored light Greg! :eek: I'm sure your D3 did its very best though. :smile:

13. Ok, one more today, Emilie at the playground. I grabbed a quick shot while the sun hid behind some clouds. Still not great on the lighting, shot at high noon, but the lens is sharp and WONDERFUL for people. :smile:

f/2.8, 200mm
    101380893.gif

I will admit though, shooting this with a wiggly baby in a Snugli pouch sure makes for a challenge. I hear that 180 calling......I think it'll be better for this kind of shooting (managing kids and shooting), and leave the 80-200 for the "Dad has the kids" work! :biggrin:

14. Gretchen that is one of the best I've seen of her! Maybe a quick snap, but aren't all photos of toddlers? LOL! Love this one and you even got eye contact! WOOHOO! Love it!

15. "I wanna see a MEEEANNNN monster face!" .... it gets her every time! :biggrin: