Showcase Nikon 85mm f/1.8 D

Cheers for the comments on that last one. The good news is that it received a Highly Commended in the UK Landscape Photographer of the Year for 2014.

The better news is that I was named the UK Landscape Photographer of the Year for another one with the 85 1.8G - an interesting choice but I'm not arguing. £10,000 first prize and possible career changing opportunities

13956865027_772c5ab0b2_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Beginning and an End - Winner UK Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014 by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Congratulations Mark. This is a wonderful achievement. I wish you well for the future which ever road you take.
Cheers.
Mike

Congratulations, very nice picture. love the larger size, it does the picture full justice.

Cheers for the comments on that last one. The good news is that it received a Highly Commended in the UK Landscape Photographer of the Year for 2014.

The better news is that I was named the UK Landscape Photographer of the Year for another one with the 85 1.8G - an interesting choice but I'm not arguing. £10,000 first prize and possible career changing opportunities

13956865027_772c5ab0b2_b.jpg

A Beginning and an End - Winner UK Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014 by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr
Congratulations Mark--throughout the forum, your photography stands out & above: no surprise with you earning this prestigious award. Much continued success! jt

Time to resurface the 85mm thread.
standalone

i-Dxj2rKQ-L.jpg

I really like this lens, however I ran into Zeiss Planar T F1.4/85mm and this lens needs to wait until I can’t get a picture with manual lens anymore :)

2AC95DA7-0D51-4327-9867-8C56C1943F9E.jpeg

4A60279E-794A-478E-8F55-1D548B5AE0FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm curious about the 85mm focal length in a prime lens.

Are those who use it mostly shooting portraits? I've seen many superb photos here on the Cafe shot with an 85mm lens.

Since the f/1.4 is a bit out of my budget (unless I felt like saving for a few weeks...which doesn't sound too appealing) how would I be fairing if I picked up one of the 1.8s? Is there an appreciable difference in image quality or is Nikon charging more simply for the larger aperture?

Pictures taken with the 85 1.8 and displayed in this thread would be most helpful!
I'm curious about the 85mm focal length in a prime lens.

Are those who use it mostly shooting portraits? I've seen many superb photos here on the Cafe shot with an 85mm lens.

Since the f/1.4 is a bit out of my budget (unless I felt like saving for a few weeks...which doesn't sound too appealing) how would I be fairing if I picked up one of the 1.8s? Is there an appreciable difference in image quality or is Nikon charging more simply for the larger aperture?

Pictures taken with the 85 1.8 and displayed in this thread would be most helpful!
Interesting thread! I purchased this lens years ago during my film days (for my F100) but rarely used it when I went digital (DX). Luckily I stored it well for several years. Now that I own a D750 it is one of my most used lenses for portraits! It's like I "re-discovered" it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom