Nikon Asia has just posted a new D100 firmware!

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Direct Link to D100 f/w 2.0.0D - click freely
    Last Updated by Nikon Asia: 28/10/2005 05.51 PM

DSLR D100 Firmware 2.0.0 update for Windows

What is new/Content Description
    This service provides software for upgrading DSLR D100 firmware version to 2.0.0. Be sure to read the section, Issues addressed with firmware version 2.0.0, before upgrading the firmware.

Issues addressed with firmware version 2.0.0
    1. Adobe 1998 (Colour Mode II) ICC profile tagging. Images taken in Colour Mode II will have their colour profile embedded, ensuring that the correct colour-space setting can be selected automatically when the images are opened in AdobeTM Photoshop 7 or other applications which support colour management.
    2. Voice memos recorded using the MB-D100 multi-function battery pack (available separately) are stored on the camera memory card as audio files with names of the form "DSC_nnnn.WAV". Where 'nnnn' is a four digit number. (Wav file names match image file names when browsing in Windows Explorer).
    3. LexarTM Write Acceleration compatibility. An increase in write speed by up to 10% depending on file format chosen, with LexarTM WA card.

Confirming firmware version
    1. Open the camera monitor.
    2. Rotate the mode dial to SET UP and turn the camera on.
    3. The setup menu will be displayed in the monitor. Press (up) or (down) on the multi selector to highlight Firmware version, and then press (right).
    4. The current camera firmware version will be displayed in the monitor.
    5. After verifying the firmware version, press (left) on the multi selector to return to the setup menu.
    6. Turn the camera off.

Compatible OS platform
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows 2000 Professional
    • Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional

What's included in the download
    • firmware.bin
    • release.txt

File Size ~334KB

Personal Input
    A few odd things like the instructions on how to confirm current f/w version
    and the actual improvements, made me puzzled once again!:confused:

We are either witnessing world's most paradoxical mix up of a huge corporation,
    or Ca-Non's most organized hack attack.:biggrin:
    :cool:

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    That's the upgrade from the fall of 2002, V2.0. The only thing new about it is the availability, as previously, Nikon insisted on doing the upgrade themselves. Maybe the pixel mapping software will be next......

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonder why this. Does not look like anything new. I am puzzled.

Oh well guess I will try it. I was hoping you would say is is now faster :>}}

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Looks like it is, but the version we all have is the 2.0.0c and this is the 2.0.0d... :confused: