Nikon Cafe Challenge #1 (IMAGE POSTING THREAD ONLY)

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Boobie Joe, Jan 27, 2005.

1. MAKE SURE YOU POST DURING THE POSTING PERIOD OTHERWISE THE PICTURE WILL BE DELETED

2. My try...

3. What the heck - I'll give it a try

Bald Eagle Nanaimo River, Jan 29, 2005
    D2h 500/4 +1.4x, 1/400s f/5.6, ISO 400, about a 10% crop from all sides, neat image for noise but no other changes.

I am adopting the fisherman approach to photographing birds more and more - wait and they will come. In this case, I was set up on the bank of the Nanaimo River, hidden behind Douglas Fir branches, waiting for Mergansers to float down the river (which they did), when this fellow came gliding up the river. I actually captured a series, all in focus, but some of the others are suffering from the pbase red x of death right now.

4. I'll see your bird, and raise you a couple....

including the rare 4-winged Trumpeter Swan in the middle.

Misty Fly-Out:

DSC0972Crop.sized.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    One from sunday practice

Nikon D100 80-400 VR, A 5.6.
    Hope this works,
    Gale

6. this is all I can come up with so far. Stuck in the office working, and too busy to get out and fire a few. No competition for you big guns. but here goes. And btw, had some help on this one.

original.

dont waste your votes on this. This is more like a pathetic bump of the post.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just a bit of humor here

Nikon D100 80-400 Vr Cheers
    Gale

8. My first post and try with the Sigma 800

This was taken with my new Sigma 800 5.6 on the D2H this morning in the Juanita Wetlands, Kirkland, WA, on a Gitzo G1505, with a Wemberley mount here is the Full EXIF Info :
    Date/Time 03-Feb-2005 12:56:02
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 800 mm
    Exposure Time 1/400 sec
    Aperture f/7.1
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias +1/3
    White Balance (9)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
    Focus Distance

9. Image no:1

Here is my first submission for the Challenge:

original.

10. Flying D

St. George is called Utah's Dixie and a large lighted D was erected on the side of a hill above the city. By using my zoom during a 3 second night time exposure the D literally flies. This image was taken with my D2H and 70-200mm VR lens on February 3, 2005.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Foward Momentium....

Foward Momentium ....
    Gale

12. Red, White, and Blue

The Roadrunner (Paisano) is a true patriot...
    'Removed' so as not to confuse. I was a day late and a dollar short... :)

13. Re: Red, White, and Blue

14. Re: Disqualification

Thanks Boobie Joe. I understand. I just wanted to get an entry in. It is not the best background...but these birds move very fast and I thought folks might enjoy the photo itself.

As a request for us working stiffs... could you end the next contest, say at the end of the day on Sunday and make it 12PM West Coast instead of East Coast time?

And thanks for the trouble to set it up, too. I believe friendly contests are fun to help us grow. (And can my vote still count?)

Regards,

PapaFoxtrot (paulfrye)