Nikon Cafe Gathering 2007, by Larry

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by ozarkshome, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Not exactly sure which photos are different from the earlier post. Finally got a satisfactory quantity post processed to some degree of satisfaction.

Here they are.

One special one for Rich.

2. Great shots! The one of the herron with the fish is a hoot. I wonder how long they go before eating again? Glad to see SOMEBODY saw me on the other shore!! Thanks for noticing. :biggrin:

Rich

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    You've got some great shots, Larry. That 600 got the best shot I've seen of the Redhead.

Rich sure looked lonely on the other side.

4. These are wonderful, Larry! Ah, so you, with that 600mm lens, could find Rich on the other shore -- he couldn't be seen with the naked eye! (Well, at least not with mine!)

The woodpecker is gorgeous! I haven't gotten to that yet in my PP but I can already predict that the birdie will be a little dot on the tree, if I'm lucky.

That heron gobbling that enormous fish is just amazing -- that is a real prize photo!!

5. Thanks for the compliments, y'all.

Sorry you got separated from the group Rich.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Larry
    Thank You

7. Went to the wood shed and they deserted me! (My mobile phone ran out of steam too)

Rich

8. excellent set of images and cool presentation

9. Thanks Dave. Editing the photos is what took the time. Doing the journal was easy and quick in Aperture. Then just uploaded to .Mac.

10. Excellent work Larry!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shooting, Larry! It's been so much fun for me to see the shots everyone took over the course of the weekend. I'm glad you came away with some keepers. See you again next year!

12. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Great Shots Larry! The heron is really working on that fish!

13. Wow Larry, very pretty images - great memories of the weekend.

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    What a great documentation of our event, Larry. If these don't pique the interest of those who have not yet attended, I will be totally surprized. And the image of the GBH with the "filet 'o fish" hanging out of his mouth should be on the cover of a birding magazine.

15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super shots Larry,

I added your dogwood shot to the mix of other dogwoods.

Cheers

Wade

16. :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Y'all are making me blush. Thanks for the compliments.

And once again a big thank you to the locals. It helped a lot, especially the tip about the particular rock to set up near to get good shots of the herons eating.

17. WOW! Fantastic shots! Gee I wish we could have been there too! Next year for sure - I hope!