Nikon Cafe Trivia Competition - Join in !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, Sep 29, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Hi, I've set up a trivia challenge on FunTrivia.com for friends from Nikon Cafe.
    You are being invited to join!

To play in my trivia challenge, simply go to

http://my.funtrivia.com/tournament/Nikon-Cafe-Trivia-Challenge-87353.html

New questions will appear each day, and everyone can compare scores at the link above throughout the day. Try to answer questions quickly, because the quizzes are timed. The best cumulative scores at the end of the month go into the hall of fame.

See you there!

2. That was fun. Can't believe I knew every answer! The planets must be aligning! :eek::biggrin:

3. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Well I missed the Led Zepplin question... go figure! :rolleyes:

And I got Argentina and Chile mixed up. :tongue:

4. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    8/10 ain't bad though Stef. Thanks for joining up.

5. 9/10 thanks Darren

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ok I really did poorly...I only got 4 right. :frown: You might want to kick me off your team.

7. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    well, as they say, good effort, better luck next time Senaca :Love:

Tomorrow it's a brand new day.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I got 9 out of 10. I got tripped up on the amount of time I used because I was mediating a disagreement between my 5 year old and my 6 year old.

That was fun, thanks!

9. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    nice job then Leigh. Hope the mediation was equally as succesful.

10. brain fart cost me a 10 - thanks, that was fun!

Don

11. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    There will be another quiz starting in 5 hours or so - I was a bit late in starting this one.

Topics will change each day to give everyone a chance at their favourite topics.
    Hopefully we can keep this going !!

I've added a link into my sig, maybe you could too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
  12. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I got 10! I can't believe it after the string of "luck" that I have been going through lately. Maybe things are changing for the better. Thanks, that was a fun little diversion.

13. 10 for 10. # 9,4,2 were pure guesses

14. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

This is fun, Darren. Good idea! Not too shabby on mine: 9/10. Missed that Zeppelin question too.

15. 9/10...fun game. I used to play Buzztime trivia, before it became relatively defunct. It's still fun to play in bars.

Once I took a trip with a couple buddies to St. Louis to watch a KISS concert. Unfortunately, the concert was cancelled for some reason. We decided to go to Ozzie Smith's Sports Bar and watch the Razorback game. We convinced the management to put the game on one of the big-screen televisions. While we waited for the game to start, I decided to play a few games of trivia.

Now, it was a Saturday, and all the college games were being televised. There were tables of folks wearing their alumni shirts from Michigan, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio State, etc...all the big schools. I was sitting at the Arkansas table...minding my own business and playing trivia. I won 9 consecutive games. Apparently, there was a guy from the Northwestern table who didn't appreciate this, because he went from table to table looking for the ***hole that was ruining his rating. Funny thing though...he passed by the Arkansas table without a second glance. After he passed, my buddies almost fell out of their chairs laughing.

16. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    9/10 and I guessed on like half lol

my lucky day

17. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I got 9/10 yay!

18. Good fun. I got 10/10 althyough I placed 18th....too many seconds. I didn't know it was a timed quiz. Now that I do.......:biggrin:

19. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    yes, the timing is a bit of a gotcha isn't it !!